What build kit for 8 year old?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know what you think when you get it going.
My sons still a bit young to appreciate the money for a tamiya so I was gonna leave it thus year but the ecx amp was more in my price range, it seems to have gone up on price too. For me it was about being able to spend time together building it and share the accomplishment of getting it going together.
You look after something a lot better when you put a lot of effort into making it.
Just recently finished the Amp MT build. We took our time with it. Only spent about 20-30 minutes at a time on it and spread it out over about 3 weeks. No rush, just worked on it when we had a few minutes here and there. Overall, the build was fun and exactly what we were looking for. Challenging but easy enough for an 8/9 year old to complete with adult supervision. As for the driving and use of the MT goes, so far so good. The speed is perfect. Fast enough for both of us to be impressed, but not over the top where it is too difficult to drive. Only used it in an open parking lot so far. We will see what happens when we take it off road. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this kit again for a 1st time build for an 8 year old or an Adult looking to get into the hobby like I am. I really enjoyed it. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I'll be happy to reply.

Attachments

• 20200918_142518.jpg
    20200918_142518.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 20
That's great. You two will always remember it. I would suggest you get some motor spray and clean the motor after you run in the dirt. Have fun.

Back