What Brand Truck should i get?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hdrider281

RCTalk Champion
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I dont have a rc yet but I'm interested in a 1/8th monster truck... I am looking for the best out of the box RTR that i can find and will most likely upgrade later but i want the best now... I mean i dont want to spend $600-800 then wish next week that i had gotten a different truck... I have looked at Traxxas, HPI and Losi... right now I'm leaning on the Losi XXL... I want a truck that will handle the abuse, uses metal parts and has a good radio and the XXL seems to have a good start on that... Any Recommendations or comments ... pro or con ... for the best all round brand RTR?

I've had Losi trucks since the first LST was released back in 04. It has close to HPI toughness combined with Revo like handling.

Best of both worlds IMO, and it's easy to wrench on.

as far as bashing goes, I think the two toughest SOB's out there are the MGT and the savage, I've owned both and i can tell you that both are extremely durable. Losi's are also good but they are expensive, I like the cheap buy in on the other trucks for a beginner because it gives you that extra money to spend on the other equipment that will make your life soo much easier, like rechargable battery packs, Hex drivers, and quality battery chargers

I am a Traxxas fan and had a Revo as my first nitro. But to a newcomer I would recommend the Savage. They're really tough.