What brand/model RC controller is best for outboard hydro?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m1r

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi my name is mike I'm new here thanks for accepting me. What brand/model RC controller is best for a outboard hydro? Thank you for your time. Any questions please ask.

Don't know what is best for water, but I recently installed a Spektrum RX in my Pro Boat Runabout, with one of their low cost RC Car transmitters. I get plenty of range with that setup. Much more usable range than I'd be able to actually use, unless I had a pair of binoculars. Far as outboard hydro, I assume you will need at least 3 channels, with whatever setup you choose?

I just obtained a ProBoat deep hull and am using a FlySky GT5. Haven't had any experience with others so I can't say but this one seems to work fine so far.
Plus it works with most of my other RC's

I just obtained a ProBoat deep hull and am using a FlySky GT5. Haven't had any experience with others so I can't say but this one seems to work fine so far.
Plus it works with most of my other RC's
Also second the GT5. I use mine for almost every other RC land vehicle I own. Affordable and reliable.

Any three channel Spektrum. Hydro's only have throttle and steering. You didn't say nitro, gas, or electric outboard. If nitro and down the road you want to get into 3rd channel needle valve on the fly adjustments a 3 ch radio is needed.
Traxxas servos are fine. 2075X for steering is all that's needed.
For the larger and heavier gas outboards a larger servo will be needed.

Back