What are some Reliable nitro rc cars?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I’m looking for one thats 1/10 scale, has a reliable transmission, motor and is a more simple drivetrain design such as a rear wheel drive car. I kinda want to go with the 2wd slash nitro rc but traxxas nitro parts aren’t sold in any of the hobby shops near me, And I have had a bad experience with a traxxas nitro rc car in the past. What would some of you guys suggest for a good nitro rc car that’s 400 dollars or less.

You can get most any of the nitro Slash parts online very quickly.

Are you looking for on-road or off-road in particular? Buggy, truggy, or truck? There are tons of options out there. IMO, Traxxas engines are not very good, and I've replaced all of mine with Dynamite, SH, and O.S. engines. The Dynamite .19 is a very inexpensive and popular upgrade for Traxxas 3.3/2.5 engines, with more power and reliability at a lower price.

The traxxas engines aren't awful, they just aren't big enough for the trucks they put them in. The t-maxx/revo line should have an actual .21 in them, at least if you run it on anything but hard pack dirt or concrete. The 3.3 was an improvement, but not the end all be all they tout it as.

I had a Revo and was very reliable and was fast enough for me.

You certainly can go the Jato/Slash route. That is a very good option. Kyosho makes "beginner" RTR T/buggies that are reliable. I have an OFNA Violator that is still running strong after 18 years, so maybe look into the Hyper 7, basically the same company I believe they are branded HoBao. It all depends what you're looking for. I also have a Losi 8eight on order. With a few minor tweaks it should be a very reliable buggy for years to come.

The advantage of Traxxas is the electric start and parts availability.

Traxxas used to have a trade system for their nitro motors. I don't know if they still do or if any other company does.

Back