What’s your EDC pocketknife?

• Thread starter F.R.S. Ninja_007
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a new one from off grid knives to try out. It has a nice quick action on it but my old Gerber is still more comfortable in the hand. Not a bad knife, still breaking it in.
PSX_20240210_105726.jpg

This one is my light weight Gerber, it's usually attached to my work bag. Not as nice as my heavier Gerber but sometimes when I want something lighter to carry I grab it instead.
PSX_20240210_105539.jpg

I used to carry a Kershaw Crown the "Gentleman's knife" because it wasn't scary and I could still open a box or a person if I needed to. Unfortunately I live in an area that is pretty much scared of everything and most office buildings that don't like you "having a weapon". So I leave them at home or in my car and avoid the problems.

7645.970.jpg

I can't bring myself to spend the money for a Benchmade, I'm kind of rough on my EDC. I keep seeing some tempting stuff out there, but would rather spend the money on my hobby. Now if I had the extra money to spend... :)
I've got more than a few Benchmades and they are very nice. They are a bit pricey but they will also replace the blade or fix things if you damage it. However, I would not recommend the newer Benchmades, specifically anything with the polymer grips - Griptillion, Bailout, Bugout etc. I find them hard on the hands and they just feel cheap.

The main reason I don't/didn't carry them all the time is because they are expensive to loose. If I went to the airport and left my $15 Kershaw or CRKT with TSA I wouldn't loose any sleep.

If you want a Benchmade look on eBay there are some good deals on used ones. I like the spring assist and axis lock models. The G10, micarta, aluminum and natural materials make nice grips.

This one has 0 bids, it opens at $80 and looks to be in good condition.
1707598450014.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1762331385...tW+C0loYOTX/2ZJBaRB022kmw0|tkp:Bk9SR5KivsyyYw

Last edited:
Back