wet paint!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacked

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
my first paint job...not to shabby lol. the back was ment to be cobalt blue, but i must have put it on to think before i sprayed the black back coat
333452_4165730146599_1926890667_o.jpg

it said to use black, i think the problem was the blue was almost clear when you spray it, so i think i put it on to thick and when i sprayed the back coat the black didnt darkin it up as much as it ment to

Man that lid is JACKED up!! Lol kidding man that looks fantastic, really love the color shceme you picked.

Not alot of colors go with pink that I would ever consider, I would consider that scheme.

Looks great. For brighter,true colors back with white. I don't paint rc lids but I custom paint and it's just reverse of painting inside out. I'm actually thinking you didn't spray enough blue,not too much. With any transparent or semi transparent paint,each layer will darken the color or brighten it depending on the color. If I want colors to pop I base coat in bright white. With the shell being reverse that would be spraying the white last. If you're using a pearl paint the base coat (backing color on rc lid)should be dark or black unless you want a ghost shimmer effect. But I think the colors you ended up with are great.

Last edited: