Well this was a first

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
First time breaking a front axle. Ran the rustler today after school. Snapped the front axle right where the pin goes in. Good thing they are only about 5 or so dollars. Or is there any better front axles? Also I guess the servo went out but I had an extra one so yea. I determined that the cylinder in the servo went out since the gears moved fine. So I kept the gears and aluminum case from the servo. Replaced it with the same servo that I had laying around. I had that servo for about a year and a half so that's good for a 25 dollar servo.

PXL_20230130_221811366.jpg

PXL_20230130_221802469.jpg

PXL_20230130_215257925.jpg

I don't have experience with the following brand but I have always found it best to go with "heat treated" steel to improve durability of the axles. this was a weak point on the Kyosho Ultima SC5 that I used to race many years ago and STRC used to offer them, but they don't seem to anymore so a quick search found this brand doing the same thing:
https://www.amazon.com/VGEBY-Durable-TRXXAS-Upgrade-Accessory/dp/B08QVNG11Q/