Well, that didnt take long!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I got a new toy...
IMG_20160305_165232_287.jpg

managed about 3 minutes of time with it before I tipped it over and broke a ball, ball link, and tail rotor...All things considered its very minor but the shipping time is gonna seem like it'll be a month! hahahaha. Forget the micros, well except I like to use my Blade mCX2 to practice slow piros to learn control, Id rather break this thing any day of the week! >: )

Btw, I meant to ask...The ESC bullet connectors are basically sitting right over top the main motor...Is this normal? I mean if your just sitting there hovering gravity should keep the connectors from contacting the motor but it seems like some sudden movements would cause it to hit the motor. Theres already a spot where the heat shrink has been sheared off. granted its on the side facing away from the motor so maybe thats a coincidence but it kinda worries me. Both the motors get hot as crap too but I'm asuming thats normal? My ground kits dont get hot like that but I gear them that way on purpose. Thanks to my prior electric experience though I did notice that the gear mesh on this thing is set way to tight. the gears are grinding together when it turns. Gotta fix that :)

Last edited:
It's the tight gears that are probably causing the overheating of the motors.
I always use zip ties on ALL wires in my helis. Power leads, ESC wires, servo wires, whatever. If there's ANY possibility that they can move to a bad spot they get tied down. If it's in a location where you can't tie them to the frame, use a zip tie to tie them to other wires.

It's the tight gears that are probably causing the overheating of the motors.
I always use zip ties on ALL wires in my helis. Power leads, ESC wires, servo wires, whatever. If there's ANY possibility that they can move to a bad spot they get tied down. If it's in a location where you can't tie them to the frame, use a zip tie to tie them to other wires.
Ahhhh, yeah thats a good idea. Dont know why that didnt occur to me already. :)

A lot of those plastic spur gears for helis are known to be not a true circle. You have to find the tightest spot in the circle, and set your mesh for that provided it doesn't make it too loose someplace else. And, as Ralph mentioned, on any heli you don't want anything rattling or banging around as it will influence your gyros and how smooth it flies overall.

A lot of those plastic spur gears for helis are known to be not a true circle. You have to find the tightest spot in the circle, and set your mesh for that provided it doesn't make it too loose someplace else. And, as Ralph mentioned, on any heli you don't want anything rattling or banging around as it will influence your gyros and how smooth it flies overall.
I'll keep that in mind abotu the plastic spurs when I go to reset it. thx

And remember that @Rolex's helis don't fly well because of all that waxy build-up from continuous polishing. lol

Back