Welcome to the new RCNT server!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
New Server Up and going!

All and all everything went smooth as silk with no hitches.
It will still take up to 48 hours for all users to have full access to the site. On Monday WoodiE will make the official announcement and post all the system specifications and geek stuff.

Please PM ME with any errors in the site or anything that doesn’t seem right.

Dont forget to thank everyone that participated in the Find Raiser for making the server change possible. If your not a contributing member as of yet, please sign up. This forum is user driven and your participation helps keep us going. Also dont forget to click on the advertiser and sponsors links. They are the ones that help pay the bills and need the full support of all RCNT users.

Have you checked out the specials from RushRC? All I can say is Awesome!
-Ed

Nice, I was getting the shakes last night from withdrawls.

No lag time in posting. This is great. Everything so far is moving right along.

Works awesome for me :) I too was having withdraws lol

Yeah I had JUST finished up a FS post and clicked to post it.....BAM! No RCNT!! LOL,I can type it again......

Damm fast I love it..
Last nite sucked with out RCNT

Man, the site is blazing fast now. This's great.

robmob said:
Nice, I was getting the shakes last night from withdrawls.

Yeah! no doubt, I was totally lost during commercials. 11 hours of live Daytona 24 and no RCNT during the breaks... that kinda sucked but it's all good now. This place is stupid fast now... love it!

4 more hours of racing.... Go 02!

Great. Looks good, but I guess I have been one of the unlucky ones. I just got on. Over 48 hours without this place. Geez. Talk about withdrawl....

I'm sure its like that for lots of people, Kind of slow but it is super bowl sunday.

Welcome to the new RCNT server!!!!

IT's HERE!

After a few minor hicups trying to find the right provider we've managed to purchase a new fully dedicated server. So now I'm gonna take this time to brag a little, lets start with system specs:

Dual 2.8GHz Xeon Processors
2GB RAM
2x 73GB SCSI HDD
2,000GB Bandwidth

Upon purchasing the server I've hired a system administrator to go in fully secure the server and then move the site over at which you can obviously tell is done now. We've also done a few tweaks of our own to better enhance the server! While the site may be faster or a lot faster now, the real test will be this spring with RCNT is at it's peak until about winter again. That's when we'll see how well this thing can perform, however I think it'll do just fine without breaking a sweat.

Speaking of speed, let me tell you a little about where our server is located and how it's connected to the rest of the world. First the server is located in Texas which is a nice central spot for everyone in the USA, however we didn't forget our friends across the pond as the data center we're in also has some nice connections to you guys as well. Here is just a list of some of the "major" providers we're connected to right now:

AboveNet
AT&T
Broadwing
Global Crossing
Level3
nLayer
Sprint
Time Warner
UUNET
Verio

So to say the least, we've got some pretty serious connections to our server and by the looks of it a little bit of redundancy as well.

Now I'd really like to brag, and these are the people that really made all of this happen:

Anonymous Contributor
FastEddy
hb1111
HumboldtBlazer
ImBroken
Kwong
lessen
Mayhem
msly
NCNitro
Retarded Pilot
robmob
Rython
Zandor

Also a big thanks to our sponsors:

Hardcore Racing
RAMTech RC
RC Solutions
RD Logic
RushRC

Without each and everyone of these guys help RCNT would still be on the same slow server, drinking our cup of coffee before the next page loaded. Without you guys none of this could have happened. I honestly can not thank you guys enough, nor will I ever forget your kindness - THANK YOU!

-Michael

side note: Just as an FYI regarding some members being hammered with emails from RCNT about paid subscriptions expiring - this was due to the changes made in the software and server which was causing the emails to be sent in a loop. This problem should not exist any more and those of you that may still be having problems please let me know ASAP. Also for those of you that purchased the supporting membership on top of the one month free given don't worry if you got an email, it was an email letting you know your free month was up, just something the forum software does. How ever much you paid for is the amount you will get.

Woodie, the site is moving along great I am loving it. Now that it is up and on line again I can cancel my therapy. Thanks for having a great site for us to come and play at. If it wasn’t for you and the mod’s were would we go. I am glad I was in a situation were I could help out. Keep up the good work.

This server is sweet guys! It went from a snail to a rabbit haha!

To who ever the Anonymous Contributor is a big thanks to you.
we probley whould still be on the old server
Thank you very much for your mass donation.

Woodie this new server is kick ass!

Yah Go Person! Come Out Come Out Where Ever You Are

RCNT? Word.
Nj woodiE with the site, honestly i didnt think this forum would make it to where its at today. Excellent job. I remember there was a time when funds were extremely scares and i thought rcnt was goin down the recycle bin. Excellent work.

Big props to WoddiE on a smooth transfer. The site is fast and sweeet. Job well done man!

Refresh problems that a few members where experiencing should be fixed now, if not try once more to clear your cookies and temp files, log out then log back in.

-Michael

Back