Weathering lexan

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatelynKhaos

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My fiance is working on a new project with tamiya weathering master and is just winging it on what he's doing. Does anyone has tips on what to do to make the rustyness look more lifelike? I will post pictures of what he did though a little later!?

Edit::; what he would really like to know is what is the "cure" time or dry time for the tamiya weathering master stuff he's using. He went to do the other side and laid it on his lap and it all wiped off so there went all his hard work! HELP!

There was thread by @Rolex that he did some weathering on his old lexan pickup. He's the one that I'd look up on this forum.

EDIT: Look up the thread on the Ugly Truckling.

There was thread by @Rolex that he did some weathering on his old lexan pickup. He's the one that I'd look up on this forum.

EDIT: Look up the thread on the Ugly Truckling.
definitely a +1 to this!
Rolex has some amazing skill and results in those types of finishes, (as well as any other type of finish I've seen done by him).

definitely a +1 to this!
Rolex has some amazing skill and results in those types of finishes, (as well as any other type of finish I've seen done by him).
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/the-ugly-truckling.58327/
full

It started out as a beautiful custom '56 Pickup, then I forgot I put it out on the window sill to dry. Well, it rained for 3 or 4 days and when I found it on the ground several years later, it was totally ruined as you can see in the picture posted by @olds97_lss.