We have lost one of our own, r.i.p. Rolex

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I certainly hope he didn't die because of covid? I've seen this guy a lot he visit one of my post recently up in the summertime. I never thought he would pass away and I've never really known him but he tried to talk with me privately one time about how postings work a little bit.

Let's just say we didn't start off well I wish that it could have been different. I think if I wasn't so socially awkward I probably would get along with a lot of people. May he rest in peace. my condolences to his family or anyone who is grieved.

So sorry to hear this ?. I didn't know Rolex like most but I knew he was super talented and offered top notch advise. He will be greatly missed along with his propeller beanie symbol. RIP Ralph.

I just logged in again as I occasionally do around here... I'm honestly gutted, this is absolutely tragic news. This forum was one I hung around on in my early days of using the internet before other hobbies and life got in the way... And he was the one I always remembered from this forum, along with others of course-- but his humour always made me laugh. RIP, enjoy that great leather recliner up in the sky.

It is with a very heavy heart I have to let the RCT family know of the passing of one of our own. Three days before Christmas Ralph, a.k.a. Rolex passed away. He brought humor, help, amazing builds, and friendship to our RCNT/RCT family for nearly two decades. He was someone I was proud to call my friend, and I will miss him tremendously. Please keep Ralph and his family in your prayers.

R.I.P. my friend, I will miss you. ?
R.I.P My Condolences I'm new here but I feel the loss none the less ??????????????

I know I'm still new here and don't really know anyone right now but I'd like to pay my respects to Ralph and his family and everyone here who did know him..Sorry for your loss ..I wish I joined earlier and made contact with him about some of my project issues..by what I've read he seemed to be the Star Treks "Scotty" to the R/C hobby..(for lack of a better term).. again..Peace to Ralph and his family and everyone here who lost him... may he rest in Peace.

RIP Ralph.... I may have never had the honor of meeting you in person, but I’ve known you since 2005. Your humor and wit were second to none. My heart sank as I read the news. I promise I will do my best to keep my rides as clean as I can, and always remember to keep the spit valve clean... or make the newbies do it. RIP my friend. You will be greatly missed.
Tom

It's been a while since I've visited this place. I was sad to see this news when I finally came back. I got many laughs from his posts over the years.

Well damn.................... I've been away from here way too long. Ralph was one of the first/best friends I have here on this forum. He took time to track me down and called to check on me after the big tornado of 2011 here in Joplin Missouri. Very sad having to read this tonight, RIP my friend!

Well damn.................... I've been away from here way too long. Ralph was one of the first/best friends I have here on this forum. He took time to track me down and called to check on me after the big tornado of 2011 here in Joplin Missouri. Very sad having to read this tonight, RIP my friend!
Heya Racer! I been gone a long time too. Nice to see ya :)

Good seeing you back too, bro. There are still many here I count as friends. Rolex always told me to check in more often even if I wasn't currently doing anything rc. I should probably do that.
Yes, you should. You have friends here. We all take a break now and then from rc. I did when I was fixing up my boat. So don't be a stranger.

Good seeing you back too, bro. There are still many here I count as friends. Rolex always told me to check in more often even if I wasn't currently doing anything rc. I should probably do that.
Yeah I'm guilty of not doing that enough myself

Back