Waterproof electric

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeabajuice

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am a fan of nitro rc cars but in the future, I would like to buy an electric 1/10th scale stadium truck that is waterproof so that I can drive in the snow and mud. I understand there are no waterproof nitro rc cars so does anyone have any suggestions for electric waterproof stadium trucks.

Traxxas E-maxx brushed is your best bet if you wanna do snow and mud.

yeah the e-maxx is waterproof, My freind has one and after 2 years now through snow and mud we have only replaced 1 servo, and he up graded to twin titan 775 motor's instead of the 550's but like i said it was an up grade his 550's still work great.

where did your friend buy his motor plate for the twin 775's??? I have been trying to find one..... I am ready to buy one and then customize it to what I need.... But would rather get one that is alset to just slap in...

You know I'm not sure about the motor plate, I think it was the stock one but i could be wrong. I will figger it out and get back to you.

Kershaw Designs makes the mounting plate he said he orded the whole kit but instead of using the 700 motors that came with it he use the traxxas 775's

But you dont have to buy the whole kit they do sell just the mouting plate just go to http://www.kershawdesigns.com/ the scrowl down to motor mounts then you want to click on the e-maxx and you will find a twin motor mount that will work with what ever motor's you decide to use.

Last edited:
awsome thanks!!! I will let you know how it goes.. does your friend say that it is a noticable difference in speed and power?????

Unfortunately, there is a lot of bad information out there about "waterproof" electronics. ALL of the electronics currently in use in the RC industry are not waterproof, but are water resistant. They will not function very long submerged. Traxxas states that their "waterproof" electronics cannot be operated submerged.

That being said, IMO the best water resistant 1/10 scale is the eRevo. It has a better suspension and handles much better.

I take my emaxx and wash her right under the water without a worry and no problems. I can't think of anything I havent ran my emaxx through.... And of course they are gonna say dont submerge that way they dont get drowned machines all the time... as long as seels are tight and dont let it just sit in water not doing anything for a while... I did have someone tell me that they throw a ballon on their emaxx and tosses it into his pool and drives around the pool. I can't remember who it was but they are apart of this site... never drove a e-revo but it doesn't look like the suspension would hold up for me at all.... those are more for racing in my opinion and the emaxx and tmaxx is more of the basher.. unless you drop a classic down to the ground and ad a 3.3 motor on it...

Hamz is right their not waterproof but their dam close, and the e-revo is a great truck, i just over looked it because I'm use to the e-maxx.

And my freind, as well as me you will see a huge power difference, You will pull wheelies and have more speed to get through snow and mud. It was well worth the 80 bucks i think he spent in motors and a mount.

thanks I can't wait I found it now I just have to load my card and wait for shipping.... I feel like a kid a week before x-mas

If your looking for a stadium truck you could try the brushed or brushless rustler. Good idea on those twin 775's!

Traxxas systems are pretty close to waterproof. There's a video floating around on YouTube of a Slash driving through a swimming pool.

Back