Wanting a new Kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BanditDarvel

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have been out of the loop for several years. With that being said i want a new kit but not sure whats hot and whats not. I will use it for backyard racing/bashing. So I'm asking whats the more popular kits people are running on this site?

I'd say a good truggy kit would fit the bill.

OH MY! This is the first time seeing this monster http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/18-4WD-Nitro-FO-XX-24-GHz_p_23292.html Its not really what I'm looking for but I think it looks cool.

31228b%20radio.jpg

Last edited:
what style of RC do you want and how much are you looking to spend...also you looking for kit or RTR?

what style of RC do you want and how much are you looking to spend...also you looking for kit or RTR?
I have been out of the loop for several years. With that being said i want a new kit but not sure whats hot and whats not. I will use it for backyard racing/bashing. So I'm asking whats the more popular kits people are running on this site?
This is why I recommended a truggy kit like the Losi 8ght-T.

Then yeah the Mugen MBX7t or a Losi 8-eight T would be my first two choices in that order. The reason I asked what style is because theres really no such thing (generally speaking) as backyard racing unless you have a track in your backyard, so if you're really just bashing and not really racing then Id also look at Monster Trucks and if you want a kit MT then Id look at the Savage X SS.

isn't the loss 8ight kit discontinued thus will be hard to source parts for soon?

isn't the loss 8ight kit discontinued thus will be hard to source parts for soon?

Nope not discontinued, well maybe the first edition. The losi eight t 3.0 just came out not long ago, also I think you may be able t upgrade the 1.0 to 2.0 and so on.

Yeah the eight 3.0 just came out back around the first of the year I think it was...theres not a whole lot of difference from 2.0 to 3.0....if you tried going from 1.0 to 3.0 then youd probably double the differences...Heres a little list I found of the main differences between 2.0 and 3.0.

arms are "Different" front and rear....
towers are different,so "geometry" for camber links are a little different.
Caster Blacks and steering knuckles "Are Different"
shocks are very different, big bore now..and shock "Lenghts are different"
old front 8T 2.0 shafts are little "Shorter" than new ones.....rear I haven't checked?
and gearing for "Diffs" are different! now able to use 12t Pinions,but gear ratio
is still about the same....
Oh, and the Chassis is Milled a little differently, for "flexible tuning"

Back