Want to go Lipo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Storing in the sack is better than nothing, but you should pick up a metal ammo box or one of those Sentry fire safes for storage.

I use one of these.
http://www.amazon.com/SentrySafe-50...J75E/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1307639097&sr=8-5

Hey Rob,

Do you just put the batteries in the safe together or do you have a seperate one for each? Also do you keep the safe in the house, or do you store it somewhere else? How many batteries do you keep together in that particular safe? Sorry for all the questions... I just want to be safe. Thanks

Tom

I put all my Lipo's in one safe and it's kept on my workbench in my workshop. There is probably about a dozen LiPo packs of various sizes in there.

My workshop is detached from my house, but I used to keep it in my garage which is attached. If my workspace was in my house, I would not hesitate to store the safe in there.

I put all my Lipo's in one safe and it's kept on my workbench in my workshop. There is probably about a dozen LiPo packs of various sizes in there.

My workshop is detached from my house, but I used to keep it in my garage which is attached. If my workspace was in my house, I would not hesitate to store the safe in there.

I have my workspace setup downstairs in the basement so that is where I would like to keep them, as long as it is safe. You know.... I am nervous as hell with this jump to lipo... the fear of the volitile packs and how dangerous they could be scares the hell out of me! LOL So for a guy like me who doesn't run all the time... as long as I charge the battery on the store mode on the charger I can store the batteries and not have to worry?

Tom

If you are not going to be using them for more than a week, you should use the store mode on the charger which will bring them down to 60% capacity. After that, you should check the voltage on them every 4-6 weeks to make sure the voltage hasn't dropped.

If you are not going to be using them for more than a week, you should use the store mode on the charger which will bring them down to 60% capacity. After that, you should check the voltage on them every 4-6 weeks to make sure the voltage hasn't dropped.

Hey Rob,

Thank you for all of your advice and help. I have a fire safe on its way as well. If you don't mind, I will probably have a few more questions once everything arrives. I will probably be bothering you again! LOL

Tom

Back