VXL 6S slash 4wd build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

More_Power

RCTalk Racer
Military Veteran
Reaction score
I’m gathering the parts for my ultimatum slash 4wd. It will be a slow process, funds being the limiting factor. So far I’ve got;

VXL 6S power system
Big bone center drive shaft
Aluminum center diff housing
Hardened steel spiral cut center diff gears
Hardened steel spiral cut spur (50T)
Hardened steel spiral cut spur gear (13T)
Aluminum front and rear differential carriers
XO1 differential gears
Aluminum front and rear differential housings
Steel splined CVD axles
Aluminum suspension mounts

still waiting on;
Aluminum LCG chassis
Aluminum chassis brace
Custom made titanium roll cage
Aluminum suspension arms
Aluminum over sized hub carriers
Heat treated hinge pins
Aluminum front tie rods with stabilizers
Aluminum front C hubs
Aluminum bell crank and servo arm
Aluminum drag link

it’s getting a Chevy Silverado body as well.

I'm sure I’m forgetting some odds and ends things. It will not be a shelf queen! This thing is going to see air time, speed runs, dirt, grass, snow, and pavement. Oh, it will be powered by a 6S battery as well.
it’s going to be a tank! But a sexy fast tank! I’ll also have the ability to swap in an 8S power system as well.

I run 4S in my slashpede HCG with a 4074/2200kv and BLX185 esc, it's a handful. Can't imagine it on 6S...

So far, I'm still just running stock ring/pinions with the HD diff cups that have the i-bar in them. I run a v1 center diff with FLM cup with 500k and plastic spur.

I run 4S in my slashpede HCG with a 4074/2200kv and BLX185 esc, it's a handful. Can't imagine it on 6S...

So far, I'm still just running stock ring/pinions with the HD diff cups that have the i-bar in them. I run a v1 center diff with FLM cup with 500k and plastic spur.
That’s a sweet set up man! The XO1 gears I really like. They are a pain to get in to the diff cups, especially aluminum ones. But with the support brace between the gears, it really stabilized the gear set. I just run “red and tacky” semi truck 5th wheel plate grease. Stuff is messy to work with, but it’s super thick. As for spur gears, I’ve never had good luck with the plastic ones. I always destroy them. But this will be my first time running a center diff.
This truck was a hand full on3S with stock gears. Going down to a 50T spur tamed it down enough that you feel like your on the edge of losing it and your not in full throttle very much. That’s why I’m not changing the gearing from what it is now. I’ve driven a guy local to me, his truck. That thing is over kill! It’s a slash 4wd. But it’s running DUAL direct drive castle 1750s on 8S each. He also has an s maxx that’s running a dewalt 20V drill motor and battery for a power system.

Yeah... I like mine to be relatively easy to drive. lol!

So far, the HD cups with the steel inserts for the x-pin with x-bars are holding up for me. Will see how it does next year as I only had 2 or 3 bash sessions on 4S this year.
2020-1222-stampede-side-body.jpg

2020-1222-stampede-40mmFan%232-top.jpg

Post up picks as you build. I will like seeing that thing, along with videos of it on 6S!

Will do. That’s my plan anyways. I have to make it out to traxxas to pick up more stuff. It’s nice having them about an hr away from me. My wife knows this as well! She has my credit cards when I go. She knows the deal. I get the military discount and she knows I’m versed in the power up program; turn in an XL5 esc and 12T brushed motor, pay $170, get a new in the box VXL6S esc/motor combo. That’s how my raptor got it’s VXL3S combo and the 4wd got the 6S. The 12T motor let the smoke out. I also swap them my bad electronics as well. They sell you the same thing you bring to them, but new in the box, and for 1/2 the price.

Waiting on the motor mount and pinion gear. But....

the 6S VXL motor and esc is HUGE! With them mounted, the chassis feels just as heavy as the whole truck did with the 3S system. I’m putting this thing when done is going to be in the 6-8lbs range.

Attachments

• E795AD2E-6C8B-4337-8E99-629305D15E38.jpeg
    E795AD2E-6C8B-4337-8E99-629305D15E38.jpeg
    437.7 KB · Views: 223
Back