Vintage Tamiya OMG

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetdiesel

aka SouRGassssssss
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was looking around ebay for an old school Tamiya kit to build. The re-releases are affordable, but then I saw this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6032023783&fromMakeTrack=true

$2700 for a kit? holey moley, anyone have an idea what these cost when new? For another $500 you can buy the real thing. I assume these rigs must have a cult following, as the used built and bashed ones are selling for over $600.

Yeah, they definately have a cult following. But they are by far the most true to scale rc truck I have ever seen. I would love to pick up a used one if I could find a good deal on one. I would really like to see Tamiya re-release them.

The other car I'm looking for is the Subaru Brat. As odd as it looks I am strangely drawn towards it. There is a mint one on craigslist for $370?!?! I thought the brat and the frog were the same car, just different bodies/tires.

I do agree with you NC, a bruiser would be sweet, I'd paint it grey to match my 1:1.

Dayum......I was stressing over $140 for a Rustler roller.

Last edited:
$2700, the guys out of his mind. I just can't see spending 2700 for that.

One key thing to notice about that auction. When the box is opened, notice the presentation? No package now-adays has that. It's all bagged and tagged, not laid out like, well, a work of art.

Nubster said:
Dayum......I was stressing over $140 for a Rustler roller.

Believe me I would never pay that kind of dough for one of these, unless I hit the lottery.

That money would look so much nicer in my bank account than sitting on my shelf collecting dust.

An original mint NIB bruiser has extreme rarity value, so I'm not surprised. Well, maybe at the price. :D They do the same with Hot Wheels.

I just got done building the Grasshopper. It was my first RC and I couldn't resist getting one. It was a nostalgic build.

The kit was great. it came with a motor and an ESC for $165.00. Sure brought me back...

$2700 is a bit too much,even for a Bruiser in perfect condition...in the box,and a perfect one.

Tamiya should re-release the Bruiser,the ultimate Tamiya in my vew.I would pay up to $1500 for one.And if they do re-release one I will get mine.

For those who do not know the Bruiser is the ultimate in collectible RC.It only gains value with each passing year.

I actually came across a Bruiser in our Buyandsell * I guess sorta like craiglist* or classifieds.. and there was one in there for 600 and I called the guy to tell him to jack up the price or keep it, but he had already sold it for 50 above asking.

sweetdiesel said:
The other car I'm looking for is the Subaru Brat. As odd as it looks I am strangely drawn towards it

I also have a strange desire to own a Brat. If it were 4wd I would probably buy one. As for a new Bruiser, they sold for around $500.00 when they were new. The Bruiser is nice but I rather the Blazing Blazer, any Tamiya 3 speed will cost a big chunk of change.

Back