Vintage Rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juggalo Racing 73

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I just finished up my vintage Rustler project, I put a 3.3 engine in it took a little bit of modification but it fits like a champ now, I still need a couple of things to make it where I want it to be,, new Slash transmission and Traxxas 2055 servos,, other than that it is ready to hit the dirt

20230311_191052.jpg

20230309_202919.jpg

Thats a cool body
Got it from McAllister Racing,, I have both of their 30's style bodies

20230311_173936.jpg

I just finished up my vintage Rustler project, I put a 3.3 engine in it took a little bit of modification but it fits like a champ now, I still need a couple of things to make it where I want it to be,, new Slash transmission and Traxxas 2055 servos,, other than that it is ready to hit the dirt

View attachment 161671

View attachment 161672
So instead of replacing the whole transmission I just got a set of stub axles for the differential,, 6$ vs 90$

Nitro rustler used to be my go to nitro for years, one of the simplest and most easy to work on designs out there.
I had a 3.3 in it as well, in my opinion that engine is too powerful for such low weight rear wheel drive chassis.
It just used to wheelie all the time.
We sold it a while ago, while the kids love nitro slash and the Jato, they asked me to buy the Rustler again.

Nitro rustler used to be my go to nitro for years, one of the simplest and most easy to work on designs out there.
I had a 3.3 in it as well, in my opinion that engine is too powerful for such low weight rear wheel drive chassis.
It just used to wheelie all the time.
We sold it a while ago, while the kids love nitro slash and the Jato, they asked me to buy the Rustler again.
That's awesome,, I have a Slash also

Back