Vintage cars !

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadey26 ntc3

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just came in from running my old grasshopper and hornet. Man It brings back memeries. Has anyone heard of a place that holds vintage races? I would love to see all the old cars at a track again. Am I just the only one? :)

Well, my brother still has his Tamiya Hornet and Falcon as well as the first pan car that Associated made, the RC10L. All three are in great, running order. He brought them back from the r/c graveyard.

Lots of memories with those cars!

2044rc10L.JPG

Team Associated RC10L
2044NTC3-Hornet-Falcon.JPG

Hornet on the left, Falcon on the right

Nice, I always liked old R/C cars. Anyone remeber the wire dragsters?

Man I am glad to see those pics. I just got some parts from associated for my rc10l. If he ever wants to sell them in the future let me know! When I come to the ny I'll hit you up to see if you would like to bash around with them !

I'm pretty sure he won't be selling those in the near future. He got the hornet and falcon (assembled by my dad) when he was 9 or 10. The RC10L was the first car he ever put together by himself. Paid for it with money he saved from birthdays, christmas etc.

Let us know when you get to NYC. There's never a bad time to bash, unless it's raining.

My dad still has a Tamiya Rough Rider. Now that is old school electric.

I recently sold all my Tamiya cars and parts. All Grasshoppers, but lots of hop up parts. A guy happened to come into the LHS one day while I was there and started asking if they carried parts for them.
A few days later I brought in about 4 or 5 hundred dollars worth of stuff, and I started asking one hundred, and finally got $40 for it all.
In 1980 I had paid $72 for one of the motors. I hadn't done anything with it in years, and didn't think there was a person around who still enjoyed them.

Thanks diver, I'll let you know when I am heading that way, Alot of people still enjoy thoses cars. I seen a brand new grasshopper brand new in the box never assemble go for 750.00 , Still looking for parts for a tamyia big-wig.

Damn I suddenly feel really old. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I have a RC10 still and no one wants to buy it. Oh well, I had the Boomerang,grasshopper but I always wanted to get the lunch box. It was just plain cool.

Wow this is a cool thread... :smoke: Let me see if i can remember.. I had the grass hopper, Falcon, Sonic fighter, I remember trying to save up for the bigwig i think that was the daddy in them days..The blackfoot, which had a funny gearbox problem that we could never repair..I remember the luntch box..I think they were yellow and modeled on a transit van...Or some van..Everytime you went around corners it would tip over... :)
They were the days,,eh Now look at us.
Cheers Andy

Yeah I had a Falcon and the front chassis mounts used to break a lot.

I was always into Marui's more, I had a Hunter, A Shogun and recently sold my Thunderbird with original box, instructions and both sets of wheels for £60.

Wish i hadn't now.

man thats great ! The big wig and the hotshot were the top 4 wheel drive top contender. My dad accutley had those but now I took them over. I had the lunch box for two days till I left it on the sidewalk and went in for 10 min. Dam punk rockers from down the street!

this is so cool.....Lets see I had the hornet, grasshopper, frog, and the mighty SUPERCHAMP and a scorpion. Wow those were the days.

saggy

i'll have to throw up some pix of my old stuff, since i only got back into this last mth from 7-8yrs away.

tamiya blackfoot
kyosho big brute
tamiya f1s (old 1s)
tamiya thundershot
12L
bolink legends etc etc

i've had over 2 dozen cars when i left this...the list is scary

-Ult

Guys, we're starting to sound like our fathers now. When we got our first 1:1 cars, the neighbors would be telling us about the DeSoto or Packard they used to drive.

robmob- nice link. Brings back memories. Anyone remember "Hot Trick" or the "Ascot" RC10 sprint car conversions?....Anyway, here's some of my oldies:

Attachments

• 3cars_DP.jpg
    3cars_DP.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 129
  • frog_DP.jpg
    frog_DP.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 125
  • rc10_DP.jpg
    rc10_DP.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 140
I have a freshly rebuilt Monster Beetle, Blackfoot, Traxxas Hawk 2, Sledgehammer (in progress), and my oldest is: .049 Cox powered Jerobee Dodge Challenger from the 70's.

I also enjoy the New ones too, 2 Tmaxx,& 2 Rs4's.

My son is the reason for the 2's (its no fun bashing alone)

I have an Ascot and a Big Boys Toys RC10 kits hanging around somewhere.

I unloaded another Ascot RC10 and an Ultima car I had on Ebay last year.

Back