vented clutch bells

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simf40

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
just a quiery really that have any of you have experienced the melting of the spur gear, because i hvae many of times so i have opted to go for a vented clutch bell from Rc boys not sure what they are like but i can't wait for it to get here.

I use those vented clutch bells & have good results. I thought they would be lighter than the stock bells, but they are not. The only thing you need to do w/ them is to periodically spray some cleaner through the vents & onto the shoes. B/c the vents allow more dirt & sand to enter which can wear on your shoes faster.

When you put on the new bell, make sure you check your gear mesh. Yours may be too tight, that's why you are melting spur gears.

Later....

thanx m8 my gear mesh is perfect because i haven't moved the engine mount atall because i took the engine out from the screws out the top of the engine.
inow that i think about it more it may be melting them because the slipper clutch is too tight but i have done the 1/4 turn out but i'll try 1/2 turn out and try that?

Yeah check your slipper clutch, that may be melting your spurs. But you will have to slide the engine mount over w/ the Racer's Edge clutch bells, b/c the diameter where the teeth are, is wider than stock. Even though it's wider, it fits perfect.

Later...