Traxxas Nitro sport clutch bell snapped off is this replaceable!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

straightraw

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I started up my Traxxas nitro sport and revived it up and it turned off I was looking to see what the problem was and I saw my clutch bell hanging behind the spur gear is this fixable ?

IMG_1473.jpeg

So I started up my Traxxas nitro sport and revived it up and it turned off I was looking to see what the problem was and I saw my clutch bell hanging behind the spur gear is this fixable ?

View attachment 170694
Whats up wow never had that one happen. Yes it's fixable probably need a new crank shaft

View attachment 170694
you'll never get the crank and bell end re-attached.. at least new crank, or new motor.. wonder why it bust in the first place.. manufacturing fault?

View attachment 170694

Look like you'll need to replace the whole crank, fortunately it's pretty affordable - $18 from Traxxas themselves, part #4021

Edit: assuming you need the long-crank version. Short-crank is #4019

you'll never get the crank and bell end re-attached.. at least new crank, or new motor.. wonder why it bust in the first place.. manufacturing fault?
I think it’s been sitting for 10 plus years and I think when I gave it gas it just twisted it right off
Look like you'll need to replace the whole crank, fortunately it's pretty affordable - $18 from Traxxas themselves, part #4021

Wow thank you so much I really appreciate it I was getting ready to toss it in the trash I will try to rebuild it by my self I’m riding the parts rn thanks you are the goat !

Do you know what clutch bell I would need

Do you know what clutch bell I would need
I'm not sure, you'll have to poke around the manuals and diagrams online to figure that out. Is the original one intact, just attached to the end of the broken crank? You might be able to salvage that.