Venom racing rx pack

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydrew39219

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I want a couple nice rx packs for my maxx. I found this, how does it look? I'm also open to other suggestions. If it helps I plan on getting the spektrum dx3s so I will be using the SR300 rx that comes with it. Whats a good charger that I could use with these rx packs and the traxxas rx hump packs I have?

You forgot the link.

I like to use THESE RX packs. For the money you can't really beat em. Tenergy makes great budget cells.

As for a charger Id look at THIS if you dont plan on doing lipos. I mean it will do lipos but there are better lipo chargers for just another $10-$20 that do lipos better. If all your doing is RX packs this will be great.

I wouldn't hesitate to use the cheaper packs like mentioned but I would suggest if you buy a charger that you buy one that will do LiPo batteries. If you stay in the hobby for any length of time you will end up using a LiPo somewhere.

Yeah, I'll go with the tenergy packs. I like the price and it won't hurt to get 3 or 4 of them for both my trucks. Thanks.

Chargers really are pretty expensive. Honestly I would think a Nimh charger would be a relatively cheap item but I guess the fact that these chargers are fairly universal (or at least it seems that way) the price is a little more justified.

I run the tenergy packs in both my tmaxx and 1/8 scale buggy. Had the one in maxx for over a year now and its still doing great.

You forgot the link.

I like to use THESE RX packs. For the money you can't really beat em. Tenergy makes great budget cells.

As for a charger Id look at THIS if you dont plan on doing lipos. I mean it will do lipos but there are better lipo chargers for just another $10-$20 that do lipos better. If all your doing is RX packs this will be great.

I just ordered both that battery and charger a couple days ago.

The charger is an investment. it works better than the cheap NiXX chargers and will cycles the packs if you want/need it to and if you're like me you'll end up charging everything in your house with them lol.

You do know that hump pack is for Baja-size rigs I assume......it won't fit in a 1/8 or 1/10 scale truck.

Edit; nevermind, I see you went with the Tenergy packs that are the proper size. Cheers!

You do know that hump pack is for Baja-size rigs I assume......it won't fit in a 1/8 or 1/10 scale truck.

Edit; nevermind, I see you went with the Tenergy packs that are the proper size. Cheers!

Thank you, I did not notice that. Good thing I didn't buy them! Still haven't got the tenergy packs but that's because I got a couple traxxas packs that I bought a while ago.

Yeah, honestly my Traxxas hump pack works really well. It has never died on me or given me any sort of problem. I think it is only 1100Mah. To be honest, I'm not even using the right charger for it. I mistakenly bought a couple of ez start battery chargers thinking they were also made for the rx packs (because they made an adapter to plug the rx packs into it.) So when I charge my rx pack I have to check on it and wait for it to get warm, instead of just waiting for the light to turn green.

Back