Velineon pinion gear set screw stuck.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenburg

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
I am sure this has been posted here before, but now it has happened to me. ANy ideas to remove the allen set screw on the motor shaft? Willing to drill, grind, use a press, whatever, just don't want to damage motor or shaft.

I had this same issue.

My issue started with using wrong tools try to invest in a good set of Mip hex drivers they are very good quality and dont strip any screws that's the main issue when stripping screws is using not so good tools to get the job done.

Anyways I had though I strip my screw but then got my hands on a good driver and was able to grip the screw good so then before I even tried removing the screw what I did was take my hair blow dryer in my house and put head on the motor/ shaft screw to make the blue loc tight loosen up and it came right out.

Most times when removing a screw that goes into metal or aluminum you should run head over it as itll loosen up the blue loc tight which most times gives you the issues

I tried the included wrench, spun that without turning the screw, then tried to grab something from my real toolbox. Definitely time for a good RC tool set.
MIPMetricWrenches.jpg

this is why I have a few sets of sacrificial Allen wrench's in my stuff. I use a solder iron pencil tip or even a small butane torch get some heat on it thru another device (like a nail heated to close to red hot )then touch it to set screw..also have ground down larger allens to fit messed up set screws...many rc assemblers use lock tight.gotta break that bond.heat cold.heat cold. I have a prewetted wash cloth strip that I can get into tight places .it sits in bottom of freezer till needed.some times Extreme action is need like a Dremel with a carbide bur .or even a aluminum oxide cut off wheel....other times a simple remove of pinion gear grub screw is a expensive ordeal new motor new pinion...Stuff happens..

Back