Value - Traxxas E-Revo VXL?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetfft

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I may b able to pick one of these up for $150 without radio. Thoughts on price?

Which is better and why, the Flux or e-revo?

That's a good price. For its size, the 1/16 eRevo VXL can't be beat. I have one and it is insanely fast on LiPo and takes a beating as well as being able to handle better than most mini trucks.

Thanks, I ended up getting it for $165 and it's basically brand new. :) That little thing is stupid fast, I can't imagine what it'd do on lipo!

Battery life is pretty good as well, what would you recommend for additional batteries or a rapid charger?

I use a Venom Pro Charger Plus and really like it. As far as batteries go, I'm using Venom 3s 1200mAH LiPo packs. Insane speed and good run times.

I use a Venom Pro Charger Plus and really like it. As far as batteries go, I'm using Venom 3s 1200mAH LiPo packs. Insane speed and good run times.

Do you run two of these packs for the maximum speed or will that fry the ESC? (I'm new to electric so excuse the noobness) I've run two nimh and have the series connector and it zips right along as is.

Can the venom charger, charge up the original batteries as well or is it lipo only?

Who's got the best price? I see AMain has them for $20 a battery...

thanks for the advice!

Dave:D

The Venom Procharger will charge most batteries on the market today (LiPo, LiFE and NiMH for sure).

I only run them singly or in parallel. This won't fry the ESC. Running any LiPo on the stock ESC can fry it.

AMain sounds like the best I've heard of currently.

Back