Used rock racer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, yeah, good eye. There's definitely a receiver in there. If it has a radio - hell yeah.

Dont know. I see an antennae tube sticking out the back
$16 for 2 tires new. Dont see much money there.
The tires are only $16 a pair? I thought GMade was some spendy top shelf stuff but maybe I'm wrong. My crawler knowledge is pretty limited.

The tires are only $16 a pair? I thought GMade was some spendy top shelf stuff but maybe I'm wrong. My crawler knowledge is pretty limited.
That's what it says on the Gmade site. The shop has some for $22 a pair on their site.

I do not feel this is a hot deal I need to run down there and get. I do not see any high dollar parts. It might be why there is no real description of it on the web page. Just the pic. I was hoping you all might catch something and go OOH. That didnt happen.
From the chassis to the wheels/tires to the motor I am pretty sure I could build one for what this costs. It is entirely possible the shop stripped anything of value and replaced it. They even list that motor in stock for $16.95.

This chassis is in stock at Hot Racing for $63.88.

That's what it says on the Gmade site. The shop has some for $22 a pair on their site.

I do not feel this is a hot deal I need to run down there and get. I do not see any high dollar parts. It might be why there is no real description of it on the web page. Just the pic. I was hoping you all might catch something and go OOH. That didnt happen.
From the chassis to the wheels/tires to the motor I am pretty sure I could build one for what this costs. It is entirely possible the shop stripped anything of value and replaced it. They even list that motor in stock for $16.95.
If I bought it, the first thing I would do is yank the motor. Likely the ESC is Yeah(No Thanks)Racing as well.

Shop has moved. Website ditched. Pics are from months ago at old shop. GPS took me to old shop.
Wild goose chase
New shop has Redcat Everest and 2 MIP screwdrivers

I think I am going to by a Redcat Everest 10 or Danchee Ridgerock. Both are cheap, have extensive mods on the net and will let me eyeball the basic parts that go into a crawler for cheap.
I may find I don't even like crawling. Changing cheap parts for better ones makes more sense than buying anything else I have been seeing for 3 times as much to start. I am not into scale stuff either.

I can get an AX10 chassis from Integy that looks identical to the used truck pic I posted for $44. What I lack is the knowledge of the basic parts and how they fit together. So I will use one of these cheap cars as a skeleton to go by. The number of transmission and axle options is overwhelming. Then you get into the links and shafts to connect it all together.

The Ridgerock is 4 wheel steer and MOA. The Everest 10 is a shaftie with AX10 compatibility.

I think I am going to by a Redcat Everest 10 or Danchee Ridgerock. Both are cheap, have extensive mods on the net and will let me eyeball the basic parts that go into a crawler for cheap.
I may find I don't even like crawling. Changing cheap parts for better ones makes more sense than buying anything else I have been seeing for 3 times as much to start. I am not into scale stuff either.

I can get an AX10 chassis from Integy that looks identical to the used truck pic I posted for $44. What I lack is the knowledge of the basic parts and how they fit together. So I will use one of these cheap cars as a skeleton to go by. The number of transmission and axle options is overwhelming. Then you get into the links and shafts to connect it all together.

The Ridgerock is 4 wheel steer and MOA. The Everest 10 is a shaftie with AX10 compatibility.
Thats what I ran in to when I wanted to build a custom MOA crawler a decade agao. I had no idea what to buy or how to build it lol

I got the last Everest 10 at the local shop. They had 2 yesterday. Now to solder a new connector on the esc wires for the lipo.
He said it's fun and the Ridgerock is trash. He usually tells me like it is.

I got the last Everest 10 at the local shop. They had 2 yesterday. Now to solder a new connector on the esc wires for the lipo.
He said it's fun and the Ridgerock is trash. He usually tells me like it is.
Welcome to the crawl crew!

Back