Used rock racer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVNed

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This is for sale near me. All I can identify from the pic is the chassis. Hot Racing SCP14RR01 for AX10.

I am kinda wanting to get into crawling with something like a Gmade R1.

Is this worth looking at for about $200
2347646477.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice looking rig. Not sure what it's worth without knowing the specs, but that Yeah Racing motor in it is probably pretty cheap. The servo is about $30 or so new. Not sure on the rest of it.

also not sure on price but Id look at that for 125...just me

Okay. Looks like they are selling it for what they have in it.

Last edited:
Okay. Looks like they are selling it for what they have in it.
You never recoup what you put into anything. I'd find out what is in it and think 60% of cost of the parts would be a fair offer. Otherwise, you're better off not taking a risk on used stuff.

also not sure on price but Id look at that for 125...just me
If it was that cheap I would have went and bought it. It's twice that.

It's being sold as used at a shop I have never been to. I dont now if there is any room on the price.
You never recoup what you put into anything. I'd find out what is in it and think 60% of cost of the parts would be a fair offer. Otherwise, you're better off not taking a risk on used stuff.

I have no experience with crawlers so Identifying parts is like pulling teeth to me.

I have been looking at kits but figuring out what motor and gearing and esc to plan for is rocket science to me. I have receivers and servos and stuff.
Assuming the rest of it is built with parts as good as the motor ($16) I think they have it at 110% of what the parts cost.

Last edited:
I'm no crawler expert but it does look a bit like a heavily modified AX10 Scorpion. Theyre discontinued but since crawlers dont break that often and that one looks like it has a gajillion hop ups on it then Id consider it. That being said IDK if any of the hop ups are worth a crap or not. Id talk em down if you can but Id probably buy it, IF its a modified AX10. Id ask them exactly what it is.

I'm no crawler expert but it does look a bit like a heavily modified AX10 Scorpion. Theyre discontinued but since crawlers dont break that often and that one looks like it has a gajillion hop ups on it then Id consider it. That being said IDK if any of the hop ups are worth a crap or not. Id talk em down if you can but Id probably buy it, IF its a modified AX10. Id ask them exactly what it is.
The chassis is sold as a Scorpion mod, I don't see any actual parts that came from a Scorpion there though.
1636568837592.jpeg

Id prolly take chance on it if replacement parts still seem to be available

It's probably worth $200. It probably has at least $40 worth of wheels/tires there. Not sure what the axles are, but if they are metal, there's likely $50 if not $150. It doesn't look like it's really been used.
like i said 125. but wait u got 60% of the 200 so I was 5 to high..
I didn't say 60% of the $200. I suggested 60% of what the new parts cost is the most I would offer. Sorry for the confusion.

Id prolly take chance on it if replacement parts still seem to be available
Ya, but you fool with things like Savage Octanes too.

I guess my problem is I can't tell upgrades from cheap copies. I was looking at axles. $25-$186. I wouldnt be able to tell one from another.
I will go look at it.

I guess my problem is I can't tell upgrades from cheap copies. I was looking at axels. $25-$186. I wouldnt be able to tell one from another.
LOL, I was just eye ballin' that thing earlier today. Trying to figure out if I can do an electric conversion to it. I'm gonna have to figure out how to mount the Flux battery boxes on it. The motor mount should be pretty easy if I can find the right motor mount. Id have to come up with some way to mount the ESC and RX above the steering servo though and for that I'm gonna need a plate of some sort. That could prove challenging.

LOL, I was just eye ballin' that thing earlier today. Trying to figure out if I can do an electric conversion to it. I'm gonna have to figure out how to mount the Flux battery boxes on it. The motor mount should be pretty easy if I can find the right motor mount. Id have to come up with some way to mount the ESC and RX above the steering servo though and for that I'm gonna need a plate of some sort. That could prove challenging.
You have fun with it. I have moved on. About the only use I thought up for it was a target at the range.

I guess my problem is I can't tell upgrades from cheap copies. I was looking at axles. $25-$186. I wouldnt be able to tell one from another.
I will go look at it.
Go take pics of the axles, driveshafts, the rest of the chassis, etc. Whatever you can. Find out what those tires are. Get whatever info you can to look up spare parts, or upgrades. It's a cool looking rig.

The wheels have air valves like Gmade G-air and the tires are Gmade bighorns I think.
2347646477a.jpg

Is that good or bad?

I saw them in a video about the R1 I was watching and you can barely make out the sidewall if you enlarge the pic.

The wheels have air valves like Gmade G-air and the tires are Gmade bighorns I think.
View attachment 136283
Is that good or bad?

I saw them in a video about the R1 I was watching and you can barely make out the sidewall if you enlarge the pic.
My understanding is that anything from GMade is really nice stuff.

Back