UPS came today!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Taking the kids to the pool so I will open late!

IMG_20130604_185616_150_zpsa0ae582c.jpg

Don't be so cruel! You know we hate it when you tease us like this!

Dropping the kids off at the pool has a completely different meaning here, so I guess you're in the bathroom? :constipat

Different meaning here too, shoulda took about a minute and he would have been back. :hehe:

Only one thing can keep me from the joy of opening boxes from UPS.....my kids saying can we go to the pool over and over!

The boxes are my summer projects. First is a t4.2

IMG_20130604_204900_686_zps75465061.jpg

The second box is the parts to upgrade my SC10 to the new SC10.2 suspension. 12mm shocks, new front and rear towers and the new gullwing arms. Then a new proline tundra body.

IMG_20130604_205230_048_zpsd9648724.jpg

IMG_20130604_205255_623_zps5569e9ec.jpg

Hey that looks sweet, you gonna throw a build thread up?

Hey that looks sweet, you gonna throw a build thread up?

Yes sir! That is the plan. I am not sure if I will get to start this weekend or not. My father is coming over and we are going to build a drivers stand for the track... although the weather is not looking so good, so I might get an early start on the builds this weekend.

Congrats Dale!! I really enjoyed building mine. Trim, fit, and finish was excellent and the directions are VERY easy to follow. You should really enjoy the build!! What are you thinking of powering it with? I did the V3 WP Castle with 3300KV motor and its a great combo in this truck IMO.

Couple pics:

DSCF8752_zpsecb8a91e.jpg

DSCF8753_zpsd7654b44.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Phins! I an looking forward to the build. I have really enjoyed associated builds in the past. Right now I an going to run a Novak gtb with an Lrp vector 6.5 or the ballistic 5.5. Just what I had lying around. I figured I would try both motors and see what works better.

Nice new ride Tom, get some video of it on the track when it's done!

Thanks guys! I was supposed to start building the drivers stand but now it looks like we will be dealing with a tropical storm instead! Joy!

Hey Phins! I an looking forward to the build. I have really enjoyed associated builds in the past. Right now I an going to run a Novak gtb with an Lrp vector 6.5 or the ballistic 5.5. Just what I had lying around. I figured I would try both motors and see what works better.

I ran a Novak 5.5 in my 4.1 with the GTB and I had issues keeping the frontend on the ground. Was a wheelie monster but a blast to drive. Either motor should be an excellent choice. Good luck!!

Haven't started yet. If the storm is not too bad and we keep power.....I might be able to start tomorrow. It has been a real busy week. We have a big project going on at work and I have had to be there early this week and next. Been wiped in the evenings. I am really looking forward to it though.

Well..... 2 minutes into the build and I found that the long steering bolt is missing the hex hole so I can't get a wrench into it at all. Disappointing.... So I will have to move on with the build and skip that part I guess. Associated used to be real nice about sending out screws... but now they want proof of purchase and info sent via email for $1 worth of parts. It will take a week to get the parts to me I am sure too. Oh well... out of all the spare screws I have lying around I am missing that set! LOL

Tom