Upgrading to a brushless system

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffdog69

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
I have a UDI RC car that I have been upgrading for sometime now. I recently replaced almost all the suspension arms and gears with metal ones. The motor is not working 100% now. I want to upgrade to the brushless system. I have 2 questions. The first question is will my radio still work with the new esc and motor? And my second question is why do they give you a steering servo with the upgraded kit?

Thank you in advance for your time in this matter,

Griffdog69

Not knowing some more details it's hard to say. What car do you have and what upgrade kit are you referring too?
Most times a new ESC and motor will work with an existing radio.

As for the servo its probably just a little faster and torquer

The radio will need to be calibrated to new esc....simple process thru esc manual. the servo is like said already.faster more torque.. more than likely they are sold as sets .

I have a UDI RC 1603 brushed motor that I will soon upgrade to brushless. All the red on the car is upgraded metal parts.

thumbnail.jpg

I'd get rid of some of those metal parts, most of that is just weighting your car down and taxing the cheapo rtr electronics.

Back