Uh oh! Officially started my wraith build!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobaloohoo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I put some 2.2 boggers on it with a 1258 savox digital coreless servo with a sidewinder SCT 3800 brushless esc/motor combo. Its coming along pretty good!
Now to machine my own custom 4 links and chassis!

I know it doesn't have the scale look but this is gonna be a work in progress taking a few months. Next payday ill be buying titanium rod to machine my own links and cage.
AFTERWARDS! Curry axles if i can get ahold of some

10575359_732747000132644_3547188576650259682_o.jpg
unnamed (12).jpg
unnamed (11).jpg

Looks pretty good, but I think you'll find you need more servo than the 1258.
i went out and ran it yesterday and to my liking this is plenty, Its been bound up and steered just fine in tight spots. This is just a servo i has sitting around so if i need another in its not going to hurt me any:p

That thing looks bada$$ with those tires.

How fast can one of those go? Or is it geared for crawling only?

right now i got 38P 14/84 gearing and the motor is tuned for the slowest speed allowed and still hit about 25mph. i gotta feather the throttle a lot. thinking about dropping the pinion to 10t

yeah the wraith is kind of a hybrid if you will. It can be made into an ok crawler or it can go at a decent clip depending on how you set them up. I believe some people call them "rock racers"

I like my 1270TG to be honest :D

As for the Wraith being a do it all rig, it can be close to do it all, but high speed handling still suffers when cornering. That's where the new Yeti comes in. The Wraith can also be a lot like a boat if you're not careful. Just a hole that keeps devouring money. LOL

Went and bought some sheet metal yesterday and I'm going to make my own custom panels, i know people do it. Thinking about powder coating it black or white, not sure which one yet. Gotta get some beadlocks to match though.

Back