udr vs sbr vs mojave

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwright

RC Newbie
Reaction score
looking at getting into a large scale sc truck. my 3 options for electric and waterproof that I've come across are the losi sbr, traxxas udr, and the arrma mojave. I'm really only going to be ripping it around my yard because i dont know of anywhere to use it in my area yet. I've never been a fan of losi products but the sbr has the size i want. I've always had a traxxas slash for bashing and loved it after i did all aluminum upgrades but I've heard really bad reviews about the udr breaking and I'm not trying to spend a fortune on upgrades right from the start again. i know nothing about arrma or their products aside from what I've seen on youtube but I'm kind of leaning towards getting the mojave. any thoughts?

looking at getting into a large scale sc truck. my 3 options for electric and waterproof that I've come across are the losi sbr, traxxas udr, and the arrma mojave. I'm really only going to be ripping it around my yard because i dont know of anywhere to use it in my area yet. I've never been a fan of losi products but the sbr has the size i want. I've always had a traxxas slash for bashing and loved it after i did all aluminum upgrades but I've heard really bad reviews about the udr breaking and I'm not trying to spend a fortune on upgrades right from the start again. i know nothing about arrma or their products aside from what I've seen on youtube but I'm kind of leaning towards getting the mojave. any thoughts?
Buy the Mojave 6S. (ARRMA ROCKS) It'll never brake driving around your yard but you can still build jumps for fun. Down the road, there are many upgrades you can do. For now, 4S is perfect for your use unless you want to go 60mph through your yard. I had a Redcat Shredder. I loved the way it drove but it kept breaking, I sent it back. . The Mojave truck corners just like a real truck, body roll and all. Find a little league baseball field at a local city park, (nobody's playing baseball this season) I run mine on the infield for fun.(For a 1/7th scale car, it makes a great flat track. I mount a GoPro on it to get great shots. Geut a used card table. cut off two of the legs about 12 inches long. Makes a great jump. Build an obstacle course to improve your steering ability. Look for an empty parking lot if you want to drive it fast. Pic attached of my Mojave taken with a GoPro shooting 108oP / 60 fps.
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 8.23.27 PM.png

Buy the Mojave 6S. (ARRMA ROCKS) It'll never brake driving around your yard but you can still build jumps for fun. Down the road, there are many upgrades you can do. For now, 4S is perfect for your use unless you want to go 60mph through your yard. I had a Redcat Shredder. I loved the way it drove but it kept breaking, I sent it back. . The Mojave truck corners just like a real truck, body roll and all. Find a little league baseball field at a local city park, (nobody's playing baseball this season) I run mine on the infield for fun.(For a 1/7th scale car, it makes a great flat track. I mount a GoPro on it to get great shots. Geut a used card table. cut off two of the legs about 12 inches long. Makes a great jump. Build an obstacle course to improve your steering ability. Look for an empty parking lot if you want to drive it fast. Pic attached of my Mojave taken with a GoPro shooting 108oP / 60 fps.View attachment 123619
Watch this video
then get out your credit card!

thanks for the advice! is the gearing and what not as loud in person as it sounds in videos? just when i thought i had my mind made up on buying the arrma losi comes out with the sbr 2.0 lol

My Mojave kicks up so much dirt and gravel, I hear mostly the whine of its killer motor/ESC combo.
thanks for the advice! is the gearing and what not as loud in person as it sounds in videos? just when i thought i had my mind made up on buying the arrma losi comes out with the sbr 2.0 lol
Probably, my next RC vehicle will be this:

Back