Turning into a family hobby

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duramax47

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well i got my rc's.

My dad just bought a slash 4x4 vxl ultimate!

Now my little brother who is 11 years old wants to get into it. He has some skill not the best though. His birthday is coming up and I'm thinking i might put my savage flux on hold for awile and get my brother something. I was thinking just a normal E-MAXX would work great for him. What do you guys think? He is not ready for brushless but when he is i can just up grade the maxx with Caslte mamba monster.

Last edited:
Thats awesome, just let him have the Slash and save for the Flux. sounds like a win win to me

He is not ready for my SLASH lol to much power for his skill level, he needs to be brushed for awhile.

I have the older emaxx and the kids love using that off and on to beat the crap out of it is a great rig..... Mine is completely aluminum right now shiny.. The new model looks even better would like to get one for the son soon....

If you're running the Velineon ESC, it has a training mode which limits the throttle to half.

I dont feel its very durable, my dad jokes with me because every time we go out and drive them he gives me 5 min befor something breaks. Its really starting to make me angry. And i have the mamba max pro with the 1415 motor.

I first broke an a-arm then upgraded to rpm
Then broke a shock tower then upgraded whole truck to rpm
esc burnt up on me then i upgraded to the mamba max pro with new motor
Then just yesterday the stub axel broke, now i dont know wether to sell as it sits or upgrade to dog bones by mip all around the truck.

Last edited:
Nah neighbor has a rusty, its slow as sh*$, The e-maxx with the twin motors has just the right skill level for my little bro, and later down the road when he is ready for more power we will MM it!

the rustler is rated the same just rear wheel drive... but yeah the emaxx makes alot more mess in the mud and stuff.. also the Emaxx's motors are coverd better then the rustlers motor.... They are both durable but the maxx I have put through hell and she loves it..

Thats the goal, get him somthing that will last but then when he is ready we can upgrade it!

i think you will have almost as much fun with it as he does.!!!!!!!!!!

Oh i love e-maxx's my freind has one and i just love it, but i think i will like the savage flux more, and i can 1 up on my freinds and family lol!

Buy him a E-firestorm They are fast,strong and fantastic or if you can stretch the budget buy the flux version. Great , Great cars

Well, Here is a twist. I found a kenblock rally drifter made by traxxas on the local craigs list for 125bucks so I baught that for him instead because it was cheap. And if he really digs that then we will get him a maxx. So far he likes the little thing turns out he is a decent drifter better then I am. Also came with a set of on road tire's that he use's most. Do you guys think that was a good deal? It is a vxl.

Back