Turnbuckle alternative (safer for bashers)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lykan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, I spent all my play money last month on a maxx, and 2.5 arms for it. I didn't think I'd need turnbuckles, thought just never entered my mind.

So, I go down to pick some up, and I know I'm gonna get slayed by the :argue: wife if I spend the $20 before pay day.

So needing something in a jam, just to bash with, I bought some hobby grade all-thread that fit my ball ends. Ok, I know what your thinking..LAME!

It turns out, these things held up pretty well. I wen to the BMX track, they held up and took the abuse.

Today I'm out just slayen the maxx (poor thing) SO I take a sideways-second gear landing, cartwheel across the pavment then rack a railroad tie a good one. I'm thinken its bad broke. Instead of breaking the hell out of my steering/knuckles/bulks. The all-thread bent. It didn't hurt the maxx at all.

So if your wanting to seriously bash the heck out of your maxx, and you know your going to break something(skate park). Go make a set of these out of old stock turnbuckles. It really saved my ride. I have since bought real turnbuckles, but see no need to put them on yet.

Here's da pics not the fronts are just as straight as ever (didn't get hit hard enough) BTW it's .75:2cents: for enough to do 5 of them

maxxrear.jpg

maxxfull.jpg

maxxfront.jpg

awesome! looks like MT owners everywhere will love your money saving tip

BTW that last pic is of the front from behind the passenger side. I wanted to show how they look when the're not thrashed to hell.

*edit* I was kind of worried I would get railed on for my bailing wire/duct tape way of doing things, this one actually kinda worked out for once.

Glad to see your really getting some use out of that truck.... lol
Looks like she needs a little TLC... I barely recognized her...lol

Nice little tip. Cost effective replacement of broken parts is always a good thing. The only time you'll get railed on is when it doesn't work and you break something more expensive.

BTW, have you had any problems with glitching in your servos? Just wondering. Your use of wire to hold the exhaust pipe to the chassis, looks like a prime candidate for causing some radio problems.

Actually, no glitching yet. Possibly because the copper wire is insulated? Thin but insulated, I think it was used for winding motors.
The problem I have with glitching, is when I go to fine tune my linkage, the second the hex key hits the linkage, the fights on.

BTW the reason for the wire. I have three pipes to test for performance, and I am considering dropping in the .18 xtm. I'm just too damned indecisive to stick with one yet.

OH! under the pipe, where it would rest/vibrate on the chassis I stucka a bit of double back foam tape to keep the pipe from rubbing off the anno.

Yeah ImBorken, for sure she's gettign a LOT of use. Don't feel too bad that was after coming in a from a bash ;) All nice and cleaned up now ;)

I did add new 2.5 arms, and alum skid ;)

I can't thank you enough for the killer deal, spare parts, and conditin of the maxx. It's be well worth it for the fun we get out of it.

When the boys get home it's "Is the maxx running good??" You'd be surprised how fast the chores get done.