Tuning issues help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joebegsmaxx2.5

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Ok so my tmaxx 2.5 used to do wheelies like crazy being paired up with a motor Saver filter and ths pipe and using bones brew 30/10. The last few times I've taken her for a rip it seems very sluggish and sorta bogs at first. Can't get the wheels up to save my life. Doesn't run hot I clean the filter after each run and always use ARO. I did notice yesterday that no matter what I did with the needle settings it would literally pool up a pudle of fuel on my tailgate. I can get it to run ok I guess and still rip it up and jump it and what not but it just feels if it were a V8 it would be running on like 6 cylinders. The idle is a little high after I let off from a wot pull and if it flips over it'll take off to like 16000 rpms untill I hit the break to stop the wheels. Sorry for the long ass story just don't want to leave anything out. Also has anyone had issues with the break arm sticking almost like there should be a return spring or something 🤔 idk. Any help would be great 👍 this thing runs like garbage thanks

Maybe take a look at your clutch. Make sure it is not worn out by what you have been doing 😉. Usually if it bogs, your LSN is a bit rich.

Maybe take a look at your clutch. Make sure it is not worn out by what you have been doing 😉. Usually if it bogs, your LSN is a bit rich.
I'm with you on the clutch for sure, any upgrade you would recommend? Also the LSN turned in to factory setting which is flush with the inner ring it definitely won't go anywhere because of the high flowing intake and exhaust so I have to back it out just behind the inner ring or a little more and it usually runs well like takes off but lately it just feels sluggish as hell. And there is always a puddle of fuel under the car

Maybe just tighten the slipper clutch a bit or replace the pegs or if you like to wheelie so much, you can change to no slipper. Factory setting is good for initial settings, but when you see a lot of fuel unspent, it is ok to adjust the LSN a bit like 1/8 turn or so.

Maybe just tighten the slipper clutch a bit or replace the pegs or if you like to wheelie so much, you can change to no slipper. Factory setting is good for initial settings, but when you see a lot of fuel unspent, it is ok to adjust the LSN a bit like 1/8 turn or so.
What about the clutchbell

The bell itself shouldn't be an issue, but you can check the clutches inside as well. You can check when you slowly rev up, does the bell start to move or not, if you put the truck up on a stand, you can see if wheels start to move and if you put the truck on the ground, it does not move, then the slipper. It could be both. If the bell discolored a lot because it was hot, it could be the clutches inside.

The bell itself shouldn't be an issue, but you can check the clutches inside as well. You can check when you slowly rev up, does the bell start to move or not, if you put the truck up on a stand, you can see if wheels start to move and if you put the truck on the ground, it does not move, then the slipper. It could be both. If the bell discolored a lot because it was hot, it could be the clutches inside.
Thanks I'm gonna mess with it today, I'll lyk

If it has clutch pads, make sure they are not glazed over. Same for the clutcbell. Make sure the bell is clean and free of dirt, and make sure it is not warped. Also check the slipper nut. Locknuts are not like they used to be, if you even think of them they will loosen!

How many gallons is through the engine, and how is the compression?

My tmaxx brake arm was sticky. Ill look when I get home. I did something to it, I forgot what. If it went to far it would lock.

If it has clutch pads, make sure they are not glazed over. Same for the clutcbell. Make sure the bell is clean and free of dirt, and make sure it is not warped. Also check the slipper nut. Locknuts are not like they used to be, if you even think of them they will loosen!

How many gallons is through the engine, and how is the compression?

My tmaxx brake arm was sticky. Ill look when I get home. I did something to it, I forgot what. If it went to far it would lock.
Lol I'll check the lock nut later and as far as fuel goes I've only ran maybe a gallon if that. It's a fairly new truck.

Was totally the slipper clutch. For the wheelie part
Guess I have it pretty dialed in now finally, so all is good thanks for the help...... at least for now 🤣