Tuning a LRP.28

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet. I'll be getting a Spec 3 when my 4.6 croaks. Ordering a pipe within a couple months. Torn between the THS and the HPI. I'd like to get the LRP pipe but it's kinda pricey.

Sweet. I'll be getting a Spec 3 when my 4.6 croaks. Ordering a pipe within a couple months. Torn between the THS and the HPI. I'd like to get the LRP pipe but it's kinda pricey.
Probably looks better than mine. :)
2015-1106-SavageX-TBoneSkid-ExhaustLow.jpg

Look better? Did you think you were talking to @Rolex ? I rarely knock the crud off mine!

congrats on your new lrp.28 nice engine.i would recommend the dynamite 086 best pipe on that engine from what I've tried

I put the OFNA pipe on it. If it warms up today I will try it. It has a much different header shape.
IMG_6253.gif

Last edited:
You might also look at the ERCM Pipes (Extreme RC Mods are a sponsor and Robin is a good guy that has forgotten more about tuning than I know). His pipes are pricey but well worth what you pay for them. Just look them up on this site.

I've seen them. Their pipes are way up on my wish list, but with 6 kids, it's still toy cars, ya know? I'd love to have one, and I've read a lot that all his stuff is top notch. Hopefully he's still around when I hit the lottery. :rolex:

I've seen them. Their pipes are way up on my wish list, but with 6 kids, it's still toy cars, ya know? I'd love to have one, and I've read a lot that all his stuff is top notch. Hopefully he's still around when I hit the lottery. :rolex:
According to the vids, they perform really well, but you also run the risk of going deaf.

That's about the size of it. That's why I can't run nitro near my apartment complex.

that mac boat pipe is the same thing as an ercm pipe but it made out of alum insted of steel and it only cost 30 bucks