Tuning a LRP.28

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that mac boat pipe is the same thing as an ercm pipe but it made out of alum insted of steel and it only cost 30 bucks
It's about the internal design and lengths, not the looks or materials.

This engine has run well for quite a while now. It's going into an 8ight-T and the 32 is going back in the X.

It'd be great round here, I've got a few neighbours that are being rather annoying at the minute.
We've got neighbors upstairs who get a bit out of line sometimes. I thank them by cranking up my Jato so my exhaust is blowing right into the ventalation and right up to their apartment. Nice and loud and nice and smokey! Bright and early in the morning so I am sure to wake them. Kind of like a gentle 'THANK YOU!!!' for being such jackasses!!!
Funny how they seem to quiet down after that for a good amount of time. Its very effective.

WVN, what mount did you use. I am going to buy a 28-30 or 32 whenever I can get straight answers on mounts for a Revo or similar to a Revo.

with 6 kids, it's still toy cars, ya know?
Damn Rook, you need a new hobby, lord knows toy cars ain't working.;)

Last edited:
I used the stock mount in the truck.
lol, I'd bet no one saw that coming. I have alway seen people getting Traxxas BB mount and the new era mount and still had to modify the mount. I never thought of just using the factory mount, thanks for the headsup.

It's a Savage X. I can't put the LRP 28 in the 8ight-T because I can't find a blank backplate for it. So it's going back in the savage. Waiting on the new 4 shoe clutch to come.

Thanks Ned for replying to my questions, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, yours being a Savage may not matter, I have yet to see anyone try it on the Revo so I will do it. I guess the only way to get the facts is to do it yourself. Its hard to get a straight answer about going BB in the Revo. It's either they are lying or they do not want to make it easier for you.

Ned, did you upgrade your drivetrain any?

Not a problem. The only changes I have made are steel gearing appropriate to whatever engine I have in it at the time. 16/47 for the .28 and 18/49 for the .32.

LOL not sure how to answer that. X is the model. It's the one sold last year that came with most of the upgrade parts like better diffs already in it.
5.jpg

IMG_6117.gif

is the 4.6 the one you have?, I've seen that one and the 5.9, I'm not to uptodate on the HPI products

Yeah, that's what I meant, thanks