TTR EK4 S2 Project BEAST MODE

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, thanks for the tip sv250. You're right, those 3 needle carbs are a PITA Great to see you drop in buddy :thumbs-up:

hey can any one tell me that from which site i can buy a set of cylinder piston ring and conrod for my exhasted pro 70 engine
and i saw the truck mod pics that thing is damn hot after my engine got fixed i m also gonna mod my truck....

The stock carb is a pita. An os carb fits and works a lot better. I was running one from an os28

Thanks man, I will buy one of these this winter and try it out in Spring! Kinda pisses me off that I tossed out a bunch of nitro engines a few years ago. I probably had a good carb on one of those old engines that woulda worked on my TTR .70.

Thays always the way! You could be tripping over that carb for years... A week after you toss it, you need it!

I don't think I've ever seen a MSJ 2 speed. Sounds like a cool upgrade though. Those MSJ parts are like gold, very hard to find these days..........

Thought you and the guys might be interested in seeing the MSJ 2-speed kit installed. I also found the original parts sheet, but I must have tossed the packaging. I think it cost me about $200 when I bought it from MSJ about 10 years ago.

ek41119.jpg

ek41120.jpg

ek41121.jpg

ek41122.jpg

ek42spdsheet.jpg

Somewhere lost in this thread, one of the members posted the factory tuning guide and fuel recommendations. I'll look around and repost it. As a rule of thumb I think TTR recommends you don't adjust the mid range needle (Which makes no sense, why have a third needle if you can't fiddle with it?)

Here's a EK-4 Owner Manual if anyone wants it: http://csgbenefits.org/EK4-s2_Owner_Manual.pdf
Page 9 & 10 are tuning.................

ek42tuningp1.jpg

ek42tuningp2.jpg

ek42tuningp3.jpg

-

Last edited:
That rig is sooooooo cool! Totally out of control! I LOVE it! The 2 speed must be fun!

Thought you and the guys might be interested in seeing the MSJ 2-speed kit installed. I also found the original parts sheet, but I must have tossed the packaging. I think it cost me about $200 when I bought it from MSJ about 10 years ago.

ek41119.jpg

ek41120.jpg

ek41121.jpg

-
That is the holy grail of EK4 stuff IMO. A 2 speed MSJ kit would be nearly impossible to find these days.

That is the holy grail of EK4 stuff IMO. A 2 speed MSJ kit would be nearly impossible to find these days.

LOL, yeah man, you'd have to do a LOT of digging to find one. It's too bad, as there were a lot of custom parts available for the EK-4 in its' heyday.

Hey, can someone help me correct some image links? I entered in the HTML for the images, and there must be some small mistakes, but I cannot seem to edit the links to correct them?? All I see is a small icon of a pic with a red X thru it. How do I get to the HTML so I can fix the dead links? Thanks

@Chevy-SS
Are you linking the pics from an outside source or trying to post them from your computer?

I am uploading from my computer to server space that I lease from Network Solutions. I know the pics are uploaded to my server correctly. It's just a small typo in the HTML coding, but this forum will not allow me to revise the coding to get the link working. I've been posting pics this way for many years and this is the first time I ever had inability to correct the link. Not sure why the forum software is structured this way? Maybe they're trying to encourage folks to upload pics directly from their computer to the forum archive?? Thanks for any help.

I am uploading from my computer to server space that I lease from Network Solutions. I know the pics are uploaded to my server correctly. It's just a small typo in the HTML coding, but this forum will not allow me to revise the coding to get the link working. I've been posting pics this way for many years and this is the first time I ever had inability to correct the link. Not sure why the forum software is structured this way? Maybe they're trying to encourage folks to upload pics directly from their computer to the forum archive?? Thanks for any help.

Have you tried just copy & paste?.....:p

@Chevy-SS
You simply right click in the bar that appears and paste your link. The HTML or whatever is already showing there will go away. If you keep it there, your link won't work. The other option is simply upload from your comp to our server. No reason to go through another one. You don't click the photo link above. You click "Upload a file" in the black buttons below.

Hi Guys, found this thread via search, I'm a long time ek4 owner, this is my unlimited version
DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

Hi Guys, found this thread via search, I'm a long time ek4 owner, this is my unlimited version
DSC00026.jpg

DSC00027.jpg
ecopain that's a beauty. Welcome to RCNT and feel free to post pics, videos, questions, comments here anytime...The more the merrier.

YEAH!!! That is BAD A$$!!!! LOVE IT!!! If there is a kit I REALLY wanted and never got to get into, this is the one!!!

Welcome to RCNT!!! :bowtothercnt:

Wow the more i read up On these the more I want one but being hard to find might be a problem. However I did find this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/291971059909
Yes sir, that's the one. Not a bad price with the new engine and servo upgrades included.
Ebay has been the most reliable place to find EK4's and EK4 parts for me thus far.

I was loving it... All the way til I got to Portugal. Not a bad looking rig for what can be seen. (the good luck part of 'break in needed' is a lil frightening too, lol!)

Hey guys, look what I got. I built this thing over 10 years ago and have never started it. Life got in the way and started a business and raised my daughter and now she is in college and I took it out of storage and found this thread. I am a heli guy and got this one years ago since it had a heli engine and burned heli fuel and I though that would make sense for me. Now after reading this thread, I am slightly intimidated. Should i run it or keep it as some collectible? I am itching to get it going but I live in the Chicago area and the winter has set in so I have a few months to think about it and make any changes I have to make it reliable. If anybody knows anything about the optional parts let me know. I have all the original plastic parts including the chassis and shocks, but I remember getting all these upgrades form 3H racing for it. Looks great. I wish I got a red head instead of the blue but they must not have had that back then. I have the red body in the bag never mounted. I know i need some filter material, the stuff on there was falling apart so i removed it and cleaned off the filter housing. Let me know your thoughts and thank you for this thread.

1st question, is what I have the upgraded clutch like a heli or is it the composite clutch?

IMG_4442.jpg
IMG_4442.jpg
IMG_4443.jpg
IMG_4444.jpg
IMG_4445.jpg

Hey guys, look what I got. I built this thing over 10 years ago and have never started it. Life got in the way and started a business and raised my daughter and now she is in college and I took it out of storage and found this thread. I am a heli guy and got this one years ago since it had a heli engine and burned heli fuel and I though that would make sense for me. Now after reading this thread, I am slightly intimidated. Should i run it or keep it as some collectible? I am itching to get it going but I live in the Chicago area and the winter has set in so I have a few months to think about it and make any changes I have to make it reliable. If anybody knows anything about the optional parts let me know. I have all the original plastic parts including the chassis and shocks, but I remember getting all these upgrades form 3H racing for it. Looks great. I wish I got a red head instead of the blue but they must not have had that back then. I have the red body in the bag never mounted. I know i need some filter material, the stuff on there was falling apart so i removed it and cleaned off the filter housing. Let me know your thoughts and thank you for this thread.

1st question, is what I have the upgraded clutch like a heli or is it the composite clutch?

View attachment 157113View attachment 157113View attachment 157114View attachment 157115View attachment 157116
Great looking kit. Before I ran it, Id make sure you can still get replacement parts for it. If parts are scare Id keep it as a shelf queen and buy a new rig for bashing :)

Back