Trx4 Defender. My first crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theekorr

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am new here but not to RCs. Some may recognize me from Arrma Forum. Just ordered my first crawler. Excited for something different. I most likely wont use it for tons of “crawling” which is part of why I chose the trx4. I like that it has the two speed and love the scale looks. Seems like something fun to fiddle with over winter. Looking forward to being here and learning about the new to me platform.

Hey guys. I am new here but not to RCs. Some may recognize me from Arrma Forum. Just ordered my first crawler. Excited for something different. I most likely wont use it for tons of “crawling” which is part of why I chose the trx4. I like that it has the two speed and love the scale looks. Seems like something fun to fiddle with over winter. Looking forward to being here and learning about the new to me platform.
Welcome to RCT house of the RC addicted. Where all are welcome no matter how big or small we bash and break them all.....The TRX-4 is a nice kit. I'm getting the complete build kit soon. I also like that it's like two RCs in one. With the 2speed tranns and lockers.. cool RC for sure and different.. hope you enjoy your stay at the RCT. Alot of Arrma guys have joined in lately. So you should feel rite at home here sir 👍

Welcome to the other side. The Defender is pretty cool ( agree with @Xraycer ) the difference between bashers and crawlers, is that with bashers you spend all your money replacing broken parts. With crawlers you spend all your money adding bling and upgrades. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my crawlers. :)

Welcome to the other side. The Defender is pretty cool ( agree with @Xraycer ) the difference between bashers and crawlers, is that with bashers you spend all your money replacing broken parts. With crawlers you spend all your money adding bling and upgrades. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my crawlers. :)
Thanks. Reading about your scx24 got me interested along with pat ranch. I plan on getting one of those little guys too.....eventually

Last edited:
Thanks. Reading about your scx24 got me interested along with pat ranch. I plan i getting one of those little guys too.....eventually
The SCX24 is one capable little crawler. The only downside to them is the motor and servo. They are both just a bit weak. It's funny, our Deadbolt has a weak motor, and the C10 had a weak servo. But the aftermarket for them is just nuts! I have not seen many RC's that you can make your own as much as the SCX10 and 24 lineup.

@Theekorr So do you have any upgrade wishes planned for your Defender? You might get some good ideas from @Xraycer His build is very nice. if you start here on page 2 its where the good stuff starts.
Will be a bit as i just finished a Mojave exb build. But yes i do. 😂. Most of it will be scale accessories some brass down low. Already have a servo around here. Lights for sure as I dont do them on my RCs generally but these look great with lights so alot to learn in that department.

Trx4 defender is a great crawler. For having a heavy body they can really climb. Good luck with it.

Back