TRX-4 Sport Modificatios

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badgerman45

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I was out crawling today for just the second time since my purchase. Another crawler suggested removing the bumpers and side pieces to make it a much better crawler and not have it get hung-up. Any thoughts or further recommendations?

How much scale details are you willing to sacrifice inorder to increase crawling performance? Are you willing to completely remove the flares and butcher the fenders for more tire clearance?
Personally, I wouldn't remove the bumpers nor the side rails. I think it makes the vehicle looks real and cool. On my Redcat Gen8, I've added a roof rack loaded with equipment, even though I know it will make the vehicle top heavy. But, I love how this look and I'm willing to sacrifice quite a bit of performance for it. This vehicle is more about scale and realism. If I had wanted an ultimate crawling vehicle, I would have replaced the tall, heavy Scout body with a low, lightweight body and add no other decorative scale accessories.

I've never been into looks I'm all about function. If it will work go 4 it.. a old school charger is nice I have a few that have the Hot wire option that will cut right thru any plastic Got my pull to vent outside air system on ..

If you are just a recreational crawler so to speak, another words you don't crawl in competitions then you can do what you like with your rid.
I've read quite a few rules and regulations between clubs and some require a full width front and rear bumper. You might keep that in mind if you deside to join a competition.

I like the bumpers and side rails. Personal preference and driving style. Get some experience with it, find out what it can and can't do, then decide if you want to make it do more.

I have bumpers on all of mine but have them sucked in as tight as I can get them with no issues. I get hung up once in a great while but that's the beauty of the sport, I just find another line...;)

I don't care for the looks of the sucked in bumpers. If a structure is not crawlable, due to my bumpers getting hung up, I just accept it, and move on to something else.