trx 3.3 operating temp?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rchobbyist

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know I may sound like an idiot.. but wats the average operating temperature on 3.3 or any motors for that matter????

Mine ran best between 270° and 285°F.

Hamz is right all my traxxas mills run hotter than most of my other small blocks.

Sweet thanks guys....

I agree with the above statements

Awesome, this is my first rc, so I really just didn't have an idea.. I would actually shut it off when it broke 220...Haha

if you can keep it under 290 and still have a good trail of smoke and not burn up any glow plugs you should be fine. When you see high temps and lose that smoke trail and burn up glow plugs you start to run lean and then you see less oil and it will cut the life of your motor down to a few gallons and that is a long shot. Air leaks is the main issue for most of the trx motors but to be honest the 2.5 and 2.5r is where a lot of bad reviews came from. The 3.3 imo is a better option but still watch out for signs of a running lean well still having a rich setting. I have a 2.5 and i run with lid on high 270 but that's with less then half a tank of fuel left and some major on/off throttle runs. I would not live and die by temps just watch and listen to how the rc is running .