Truck loses control... HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nayls

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a Himoto Mega-p and yesterday my son and I were running the truck and it started to accelerate on its own when I would turn the steering, it then went full throttle and lost all control (steering and trottle). Any suggestions (other than "get a better RC"). Any help would be great

Get a better RC. :D

Batteries. That's always the first thing to check. Replace the receiver batteries in the truck first, since they're the ones putting out the power to drive the servos.

I will try that, however the batteries were already pretty new. How offer should you be going through batteries?

Get a better RC. :D

Batteries. That's always the first thing to check. Replace the receiver batteries in the truck first, since they're the ones putting out the power to drive the servos.

Step up to a 5 cell rechargable hump pack. It will pay for itself many times over and give you better servo response and longer run time.

i would also suggest that you purchase a failsafe... well worth the money!

does it matter which failsafe I use? Also how would I know which rechargeable hump pack would work with my truck. Ohh. And thanks to eveyone that has or will make any suggestions.

i would also suggest that you purchase a failsafe... well worth the money!

Receiver hump packs are all 6V. The higher the mAH number, the longer the run time.
Dynamite or Venom fail safes are on top of my list.

ok thanks I will look into those failsafes. Thanks for the info.

Receiver hump packs are all 6V. The higher the mAH number, the longer the run time.
Dynamite or Venom fail safes are on top of my list.

i am looking into a failsafe and a throttle return and have had this problem before i put new batteries in my truck and then it worked great but can't drive it till i get a failsafe because it is a new truck this winter and i dont want to ruin it by losing controll