trouble with new car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browny1987

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi all,

I'm having a bit trouble getting my new car to fire.. it is an old robbe with the leo .15 engine. its getting fuel to the carb (if i put wide open throttle and give a few pulls the carb will fill up with fuel) the glow plug is lighting up too, I've tried putting fuel doen the barrel and it still wont fire! after a lot of pulling the underside of the car has been soaked in fuel! any ideas anybody? I'm struggling now!

carb settings, 1mm idle (i have tried it at various other gaps)

main 2 1/2 turns.

fuel is definately getting into the carb as its actually filling up where the air filter fits when i give it too many pulls with throttle open.

Hi

I will reply with problems I've had and cured that have caused same as you are having.

Check clutch - check its not always engaged (therefore making engine harder to start), make sure your fuel is decent, try a few different glow plugs (different temperature ones), make sure your glow plug igniter is working properly, check your one way bearing isn't slipping (take apart your pull start/rotor start and clean it), make sure no holes in fuel lines (mainly the one going to exhaust), make sure you have fuel pressure, think that's about it lol

Hope you get it sorted.

after a lot of pulling the underside of the car has been soaked in fuel!

Ok now, that is a red flag. Just make sure it is not just spitting fuel out of the pipe and it is getting on the chassis first. It is normal to be spitting fuel out the pipe, I can't imagine how it would be spitting onto the chassis. Upside down pipe? :D

If your finding fuel on the chassis it might be leaking out of a number of things. You said the engine is old, so I can assume it has been broken in. Has the engine ever been sealed? Have you ever taken it apart? If you have when you put the back plate and cooling head back on, did you tighten down in a X pattern? Check the crankcase for cracks.

That's all I can think of for now.

Hi it is an old engine but it was brand new. Nothing on the car had ever been ran. I've managed to get it started now, i removed carb to ensure no blockages and then i wound the lsn out 3 from closed and it popped straight into life.