Trouble finding bearings...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

override

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am trying to find an 8x11x4mm bearing. I can't find any bearings like this, largest size I could find is a 7x11x4mm. I am sure these size bearing are made somewhere out there or even a brass bushing the same size would work. I have looked at Team Fast Eddy, Boca, VXB, Google and Ebay.

The bearing is for the steering setup on my FLM E-Maxx, the spring retainer bearing that mounts to the chassis side is slightly to small to fit properly. I measured it on my caliper and I get 6mm but I have some HPI wheel bearings that are supposedly 8mm ID that seem like they would fit perfect.

Anybody who has some ideas or knows where I could find either of these would be greatly appreciated! :D

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot to mention the places I have already looked....Boca does not carry the size I need. Neither does Team Fast Eddy, McMaster Carr or VXB. Google turns up nothing and ebay doesn't have anything either.

From a quick Google search looks like the savage super heavy duty axle uses that size

I think those dimensions are for the axle itself, I looked at them and couldn't find where there were bearings being sold just an axle. I will double check again

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Double checked and it seems that is the dimensions of the axle itself and it takes a 8x16x5 bearing

I would double check the size of your bearings. Typically if you can't find them on any of those sites its typically cuz its a size that isnt really made. an 8X11 seems unlikely as the OD is only 3mm bigger than the ID. that doesn't leave much room for the balls in between.

Last edited:
Well I don't think a bearing was actually meant to go there to be honest. The FLM chassis didn't come with a bearing and when I emailed FLM they said it is made to accept the stock setup. Although the stock bearing will not fit :/ I did give on it though, the maxx is still more than drivable until you put it on a track and realize how much it drifts side to side. lol

Of course I didn't build it for the track, I built it to tear Sh*t up!

Back