Trophy 3.5. and Hyper 7 PBS update

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris407

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'm very happy with these two buggies. I bought them for $165 a piece seperatly on E-Bay, I put very little money into them and a lot of TLC. I've spent less than $500 between the two of them and they run great and both are beasts.
What I added:
1 Savox steering servo
2 hump packs
1 FlySky FS-GT3B with 2 receivers
2 sets new tires and rims
1 Integy air filter
Also I bought a D8S 3.5 to replace the older 3.5 that was in the trophy and I'm going to throw a new K4.6 in it for fun because I got it new for $100. I'm debating on what engine I want to throw in the hyper 7 right now.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Nice looking rigs. I have an LRP28S3 in my old OFNA buggy. I put 50K in the center and 20/30k mix in the front/rear. For bashing in grass, this keeps the front tires from turning into saucers constantly. If the grass is short, the thing still pulls wheelies. Probably a bit too much engine...

Nice :) With the Trophy 3.5 I'd look into a three shoe clutch and getting some of these- if you ever have a front impact crash it stops the plastic ones from breaking, It's not bent for even for one pretty severe one when the throttle died and went WOT into a curb, but it's been doing fine since.

Oh I like that aluminum block Ninnon, thanks. This D8S version of the 3.5 engine came with the 3 shoe clutch so it's been upgraded in that department. I ran two tanks through them both today and both ran pretty good I just need to work on the idle. Also I want to correct a statement I made a while ago on here, I said that the trophy 3.5 buggy was heavy, well after weighing it versus multiple other brands it is in fact lighter than most other buggies! I have a K4.6 engine I bought specifically for the Trophy buggy.

Oh I like that aluminum block Ninnon, thanks. This D8S version of the 3.5 engine came with the 3 shoe clutch so it's been upgraded in that department. I ran two tanks through them both today and both ran pretty good I just need to work on the idle. Also I want to correct a statement I made a while ago on here, I said that the trophy 3.5 buggy was heavy, well after weighing it versus multiple other brands it is in fact lighter than most other buggies! I have a K4.6 engine I bought specifically for the Trophy buggy.
Didn't know that- I always thought the trophy was supposed to be heavy too :)

Back