Trigger broke on my RadioLink radio

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Not sure if I can glue this back together. If I try and if it don't work I'll just get a 4pm. I knew I shouldn't gone cheap. Technically I could still use it. I'll just need to move my finger to break. Won't be good for racing tho.

PXL_20230205_213331445.jpg

Last edited:
Bad spot for a break, I personally would just purchase another radio unless you can email them and get a new trigger.

Dang! Really went for some acceleration didn’t ya?

get a new trigger.
Not sure if the trigger is replaceable. I took about every screw I could see. And can't open up the radio. Maybe because of the external antenna and screen.
Dang! Really went for some acceleration didn’t ya?
More like alot of brake. Too much power!
Got it apart. Might try some hot glue?
PXL_20230205_222045380.jpg
PXL_20230205_222050881.jpg

Last edited:
I used my tire glue which is medium ca glue. But 3 drops and hold in place. Going to leave it sit over night and will check on it after school tomorrow. If it breaks again I'll get that replacement one. Or might try to dig into one if the traxxas radios and see if a traxxas trigger fits.

CA is not going to survive. You'd be much better off running a piece of heavy bailing wire across the break on each side of the trigger and covering them with two part epoxy.

Dang it!!

Can you get a replacement from radiolink
I could but it's coming from china. And it's going to take at least more than a week to get here. Technically I really don't need to use the radio until the 17th
Email the company, they may just send you a new trigger or better yet, a new radio.
That's what I'll try to do tonight.
I just put like 4 drops of glue and I'll let it sit over night. Maybe even 24 hours.

Last edited:
Put the pics of the transmitter with the brand name prominently being displayed along with the broken pieces and a description of the make and model on Instagram and twitter and see if they contact you.
Worth a shot.

Couple thin wire coat hangers, or heavy bailing wire, and two part epoxy like JB Weld.

20230207_073901.jpg

Put a layer of epoxy down over the front recesses in trigger (red lines), getting a little heavy in the corner where the crack is.

Place wire where red lines are, embedded in the epoxy. Make sure to leave a gap where shown. This is to triangulate the wire as a brace over the crack. Make sure the wire is nice and straight across the crack for maximum stiffness.

Cover wire with more epoxy.

You will likely have to file a little bit out of the trigger opening in the housing to get it to clear, but that's no biggie.

Ideally, it would be stronger on the inside surface of the trigger, where your finger goes. If you did the same procedure on the inside as well with a thin strip of metal, it would be really strong. It wouldn't break again.

Last edited:
@WickedFog Looks like the CA glue is holding for now. If it breaks again I will definitely try out the wire and epoxy. :) Or could I just try out JB weld? If I go get JB then I'm sure ill use it to fix more stuff. (Maybe to fix my broken RPM arm. Wait, nvm I threw that away.)

Back