Traxxas TRX-4M 1/18

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't see a big difference between portal and non portal performance it's all give and take. Not having portals is not a deal breaker for me. Also at this scale the two in one is not a big deal either. I've had no issues with them. Upgrades were created for a reason, you can bet this will be well supported in that dept. for the price and what you get, this looks like a nice rig.

Agreed, neither are deal breakers for me. I'm pretty sure a receiver and ESC can be fit since it's bigger than the Axial and people are swapping all kinds of stuff into those.

I also like the additional wheelbase and track width over the SCX24, should be stable for it's size.

EDIT: Lots of 1/18 diecast stuff. Maybe this ends up with a real metal body. That could be an interesting build.

Don't see a big difference between portal and non portal performance it's all give and take. Not having portals is not a deal breaker for me. Also at this scale the two in one is not a big deal either. I've had no issues with them. Upgrades were created for a reason, you can bet this will be well supported in that dept. for the price and what you get, this looks like a nice rig.
I really think portals are mostly take and less give. More clearance under those big pumpkins, more weight on the corners, less torque twist. Every trx4/6 has portals since their introduction. Not pooh poohing these, I will most likely order two of them for Christmas presents and one for myself. Going to be a successful model for sure, need a trx6m next...

I really think portals are mostly take and less give. More clearance under those big pumpkins, more weight on the corners, less torque twist. Every trx4/6 has portals since their introduction. Not pooh poohing these, I will most likely order two of them for Christmas presents and one for myself. Going to be a successful model for sure, need a trx6m next...
that would be sick a trx6m

I like the portals on my TRX4, but I have never felt a need for them on my custom LCG or 1/24th rigs. Extra parts and hassle mostly. Also, how is traxxas supposed to offer pricey portal upgrades and a version 2, if they release one with portals now? Haha! I don't think I'll be getting into anything 1/18th, but I can't wait to see one in person. Traxxas trucks are not for everybody, but they are always nice.

Here are all of the current accessories offered by Traxxas for the TRX4m >>>> CLICK ME

I didn't see the trailer the last time I looked but when I was looking through that the other day it's a pretty good spread.

I'm pretty sure I will end up going with one of these now instead of getting into 1/24. Although with vet bills being an unknown right now it will probably be a bit.

I'm just having trouble deciding which I want first, the Bronco or the Defender. I'm sure the Bronco will perform better, but I don't have a Defender yet and I have an SCX24 Bronco. I want both but which one first.

I'm just having trouble deciding which I want first, the Bronco or the Defender. I'm sure the Bronco will perform better, but I don't have a Defender yet and I have an SCX24 Bronco. I want both but which one first.
Coin toss. I wouldnt be surprised to find a Bronco in my collection soon.

Back