Traxxas TRX-4M 1/18

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
this things sick might pick one up enstead of a scx24 bronco and rover body might get the bronco

6A7383EA-E453-4740-B8F4-BBD7BBB73D2E.png

E056F52F-657B-43A0-B4BA-A19555FD785C.jpeg

D157BB53-82C9-4BEA-80D3-F0BEC4A3D05F.jpeg

35108BFC-2301-41D8-A49B-F0C11D23BF2D.jpeg

EC2C2878-4E0B-4F4C-BC0F-1A7D118188A9.jpeg

D02FD9FA-0772-4367-B3F4-F9CF1EDD3808.jpeg

6DEFFA85-6374-4BE4-AE3C-7DF3E228F8C1.jpeg

Looks nice. Wouldnt mind one to tear down and build with a new bright body.

Looks great, I would worry about it being top heavy. I wonder how long before there are aftermarket accessories. Knowing Traxxas, it might be a bit pricey.
EDIT: $150ish not to bad.

I do love my mini's! Might finally be able to get a Defender. :)

Last edited:
Looks great, I would worry about it being top heavy. I wonder how long before there are aftermarket accessories. Knowing Traxxas, it might be a bit pricey.
EDIT: $150ish not to bad.

I do love my mini's! Might finally be able to get a Defender. :)
I'm thinking about getting it buts its a esc and reciver in 1 eh

I'm thinking about getting it buts its a esc and reciver in 1 eh
I would prefer 2 separate units, but with cars this small not many electronics upgrades exist. Apart from stuff like lights, you can't really use a fancy receiver.
Does this car come with the standard remote? When will it arrive at LHS near me?

Last edited:
I would prefer 2 separate units, but with cars this small not many electronics upgrades exist. Apart from stuff like lights, you can't really use a fancy receiver.
I dunno. There is enough room in the SCX24 to fit a Flysky 6 channel receiver. So surely one would fit in this 1/18 scale rig. And Furitek has all kinds of tiny badass electronics, and a new radio system for small scale RC's. If these catch on at all, I wouldn't be surprised to see them come out with a gearbox/brushless upgrade for it. They are both pretty cool looking trucks. But the very first thing I would do is strip everything electronic out of it and relocate it here...
Untitled139_20220913190444.png

I will hold off any judgement until I get one, but I'm really liking my FMS FCX24 which is really 1/18 scale. And my Axial SCX24's have been great. Really looking forward to giving the Traxxas a try.

I will hold off any judgement until I get one, but I'm really liking my FMS FCX24 which is really 1/18 scale. And my Axial SCX24's have been great. Really looking forward to giving the Traxxas a try.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting the FMS trucks either. And these Traxxas trucks look pretty cool. It's the whole 1/18 scale thing keeping me on my leash, because you're more limited on body choices with these. And you know - I can't leave well enough alone when it comes to small scale trucks. So having limitations on body choice leaves me... well, wanting. I'm spoiled by AMT and Revell 1/24 bodies for the 24's 😜

Although, I will say with these two Traxxas trucks... I don't think I would change much, if anything. They are gorgeous trucks! I think this is the first time I have seen a Defender next to the Bronco and I would actually choose the Defender. But whichever I bought, I would be very upset I didn't buy the other.

This is a fun watch. Check out the slide on the indoor course at 2:48 of this! Really cool!

Last edited:
Does this car come with the standard remote? When will it arrive at LHS near me?
true and i would love 2 different also was surprised when i saw they made a whole new plug for this this arrives in hobby shops november and yes its a standard radio

A408229B-860E-447C-AB63-7A0261B4A297.jpeg

man i should just apply for a traxxas live chat helper 😂

Cool little truck. Front mounted motor, nice and low and the centered servo for 45 degree steering angle. Decent Traxxas truck for under $150. Looks like it might have some significant torque twist, video at 1:30.

I just wish they weren't releasing it on Black Friday. I'm looking forward to giving one a try.
yeah i know but if you can score one on sale even better but very unlikley for you to get a brand new rc nevermind brand new and on black friday also Traxxas liked my instagram post https://www.instagram.com/p/CidRmhGOVSo/

Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 9.24.21 PM.png

Don't see a big difference between portal and non portal performance it's all give and take. Not having portals is not a deal breaker for me. Also at this scale the two in one is not a big deal either. I've had no issues with them. Upgrades were created for a reason, you can bet this will be well supported in that dept. for the price and what you get, this looks like a nice rig.

Back