Traxxas T-Maxx rebuild

• Thread starter AveragePsychologyStudent
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AveragePsychologyStudent

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I'm rebuilding a T-Maxx 2.5 and have some questions; The T-Maxx I have is in good condition, other than needing an Engine, Transmission, and Transmission Rev servo. Some minor things would be brake disk, spear gear and pinion, motor mounts, screws to hold everything down.. I have the RX module, standard Traxxas 2.4GHZ model #2218. There is a number on the front bulk, #B 0415725. I'm not sure if that is a model number or not. I bought the truck used on E-Bay as a roller for $50 bucks. I've been into RC for a while but I have never taken on a project of this magnitude, particularly building a truck with no background on the kit is hard. This model has EZ-Start, I'm sure this means nothing, Traxxas has been using easy start for years, well before the creation of the EZ-Start wand. Any feed back is welcome, I need all the help I can get. I'm in college, so if I dont reply right away thats why. Thanks. P.S CROSS POSTED MODS if problem move to right thread

I've built a couple of Tmaxx's. I'd suggest ditching the EZ Start and either going with a roto start or pull start, big weight savings. Would also put in a Dynamite .19 for the engine. You could also try and OS .21, but you'll need to beef up the driveshafts, and other than the expensive MIP, there aren't any options that I'm aware of for the 2.5 without using some 3.3 parts.

I've built a couple of Tmaxx's. I'd suggest ditching the EZ Start and either going with a roto start or pull start, big weight savings. Would also put in a Dynamite .19 for the engine. You could also try and OS .21, but you'll need to beef up the driveshafts, and other than the expensive MIP, there aren't any options that I'm aware of for the 2.5 without using some 3.3 parts.
I posted on reddit also, I'm in contect with a guy on there doing a T-Maxx 2.5 build and we are gonna talk. Ill check on the other engine options. Thanks

Hello, I'm rebuilding a T-Maxx 2.5 and have some questions; The T-Maxx I have is in good condition, other than needing an Engine, Transmission, and Transmission Rev servo. Some minor things would be brake disk, spear gear and pinion, motor mounts, screws to hold everything down.. I have the RX module, standard Traxxas 2.4GHZ model #2218. There is a number on the front bulk, #B 0415725. I'm not sure if that is a model number or not. I bought the truck used on E-Bay as a roller for $50 bucks. I've been into RC for a while but I have never taken on a project of this magnitude, particularly building a truck with no background on the kit is hard. This model has EZ-Start, I'm sure this means nothing, Traxxas has been using easy start for years, well before the creation of the EZ-Start wand. Any feed back is welcome, I need all the help I can get. I'm in college, so if I dont reply right away thats why. Thanks. P.S CROSS POSTED MODS if problem move to right thread
I have that same model,put in a picco .21 maxx engine,all steel drive shafts required!I have modded and rebuilt every aspect of this truck,and have had years of fun with it,enjoy!

I have several T maxx's the 2.5 engines is fine as is the e-z tart. Don't' use the onboard glow driver. It always burns out. just use a separate glow driver. A new engine with out carb and e-z start is $60 and carb is another $20. The stock spur gear is junk . invest in a steel one.

Back