Traxxas Slash..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradZ_09

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all, havent got my nitro yet, but thought id have a look into electric for down the track
As it doesn't Peev the neighbours like nitro does
I've heard good things about the traxxas slash

My LHS, (isnt even a real one) has like 3 RCs all up
So I've not much choice, just in case you wanted to know they have the Tamiya Nitrage, Tamiya TNX And the GV Dominator
Anyway ebay seems ok,
I've seen the slash on ebay for 400
Are they worth this?

amainhobbies has them for like 199 and i think ckrccrawlers has them for even cheaper

but they do have like different packages on ebay so i dont really no which one u was lookin at on thre

bumpin' this for a question.... is the Slash a 1:8 or 1:10? Some sites say it's 1:10 but dang it's huge for a 1:10.

I think it just looks so big because of the body style, its $199 at tower to, and with the $25 discount it's like $186 shipped...

ebay has a guy selling the slash for 199.99 and free shipping.

you ll need a good battery or 3 and a decent charger and your good to go for around 300.00

If you look at the Slash from a parts standpoint its a 1/8th. As for dimensions it is actually a 1/9th. Check the CORR rules for their dimensions and you will see what I mean.

The Slash is a complete steal at $199.00--they are tough as nails and fun as hell!

Last edited:
If you look at the Slash from a parts standpoint its a 1/8th. As for dimensions it is actually a 1/9th. Check the CORR rules for their dimensions and you will see what I mean.

The Slash is a complete steal at $199.00--they are tough as nails and fun as hell!

Ah, thanks, that answers me question and yes they are tough as nails... I am wondering how much punishment my one base model Slash can take? I let my wife drive it for about 7 seconds. She ran it WOT (now I know what it means ;) ) just like I did with my Acme nitro buggy, except the buggy broke, the Slash was ready for more. :first_place:

Ah, thanks, that answers me question and yes they are tough as nails... I am wondering how much punishment my one base model Slash can take? I let my wife drive it for about 7 seconds. She ran it WOT (now I know what it means ;) ) just like I did with my Acme nitro buggy, except the buggy broke, the Slash was ready for more. :first_place:

I have yet to tear up more than a spur gear and that took a couple months to do.

Back