traxxas slash.. need help!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reighard53

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys i was wondering if you could tell me what chassis upgrades i should do for my slash and where to order them. i looked at a few sites but want to know where you got your parts. i got the vxl system and i need some rims and tires please help. thanks

Honestly, I would leave it just as it is. As for tires, I love the stockers. But it those don't tickle your fancy, go with some 2.2dirt hawgs or somthing like that.

well i guess once all this snow melts ill see how i like the stockers.. I've only tried them out side once and the roads were so frozen it just would just sit and spin. i thought about drilling some little screws in the nobs to make ice tires.. but besides that i shouldnt change the chassis?

yep, leave it stock for now. out of the box the truck is pretty tough. if you feel the need to spend money, look into maybe getting a better steering post set up.

Here is something if you are interested. It would keep a majority of the dirt from collecting in your slash. I personaly think the Slash Chassis is the best part of the truck. This is a hop up for those who want the bling or hard core racers.
I could only find this at RCPlanet at the moment. Not sure if there are any other locations selling them. Honestly I don't know anyone who has one of these yet but it looks like it would snap at the first high jump you do on a hard surface.
http://www.rcplanet.com/SearchResul...Traxxas+Slash+Chassis&Search.x=32&Search.y=11

Last edited:
the only thing chassis wise that I have upgraded are the plastics with RPM parts. shock tower, arms, castors, hub carriers, and steering blocks. I think that the upgraded RPM parts make it a bit stronger and I have yet to break an RPM part. The aluminum chassis seems like it would add too much weight.

there is a guy on another forum site that has that and he did all up in silver aluminum and left the body clear,it looks sweet. ill keep mine "useful looking"

That thing was pretty ugly to me. But thats just my opinion.

well I'm going to get the rpm arms and some alumi9nium caster blocks for now. then well see what else breaks