Traxxas slash "backslash conversion" or Bandit 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I should do one with my 2wd. Ideally just need a 8th scale buggy body and wing. but 2wd tho. It aint that good. 4x4 is needed for stuff like that.

At this point, I feel like it is just way better to find a older used Tekno, tlr or associated 8th scale, or arrma typhon tlr tuned.
Just like trying to make my slash and rusty raceable, ain't gonna happen.
But, if your just doing this for fun and bashing, sure, should be doable and fun build.

work. LCG seems a little pricey. Especially if i just make it a STASH again.
you can do it on jennys for half the price of buying the whole kit. you also get sway bars included and a bunch of spare parts.

ill total it up and compare here in a lil.

I built this a year or so ago on an lcg chassis. It's fun but the platform doesn't really like the bigger tires. Eats bearings pretty quick. I haven't figured out what to do with the front bumper. Looks kinda ugly to me but I hit a lot of stuff so I better keep it for now.

20230312_123404.jpg

Like I said, I hit a lot of stuff. Seemed safer that way.

I built this a year or so ago on an lcg chassis. It's fun but the platform doesn't really like the bigger tires. Eats bearings pretty quick. I haven't figured out what to do with the front bumper. Looks kinda ugly to me but I hit a lot of stuff so I better keep it for now.

View attachment 182703
STRC make a 1/8 buggy conversion kit for the slash 4x4. comes with a new front bumper that is aluminum, has wing mounts, and body shell mounts.

Whys that? I'm thinking of designing another chassis for it with chassis braces and a center diff like on an actual 1/8 buggy.
Just drop a center diff in place instead of the slipper (like Traxxas did with the Hoss)... no need for a special chassis, just choose your wheel-base (Slash/Rally or Rustler/Hoss), and add the shock towers/brace from the Ultimate version.

STRC also used to make a slash 4x4 lcg kit that moved the center diff/slipper to the middle of the chassis and made it into an actual 1/8 buggy.

Back