Traxxas Slash 2WD spur gear is loose

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeet123

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Can someone please help I have a traxxas slash 2wd and the driveline that the spur gear goes on to is loose and moves around s lot. Problem?

Any Ideas on what the problem is?

Video, pictures, anything to show what you’re trying to describe a bit better?

I’m new how do you insert a video I’m actually dumb

I’m new how do you insert a video I’m actually dumb
Wait nvm

That’s the part that moves and is loose

Is it loose side to side, or does it pull in and out? Is this a new or well used kit? May be best to disassemble the transmission case and check out internal gears and bearings. It might be a bearing failure causing play in that shaft.

Get an exploded view from the manufacture website. It will help tell the difference between a missing part that controls thrust, or a worn out part, like a bearing, like Marauder says. It might also be a work out case, you know, where the end thrust is absorbed, and "walking" the shaft back and forth, or up and down.

Most likely either a bearing or a stripped gear inside. Either way as others have said, you'll have to take it apart to find out. ;)

Can someone please help I have a traxxas slash 2wd and the driveline that the spur gear goes on to is loose and moves around s lot. Problem?

i had the same probelem, you need to take apart the trans mission and install a new pin here is a link to fix it

Can someone tell me if this gear next to the spur gear is supposed to be loose

Back